Sunday 26 October 2014

177. recollect

The past two weeks being back has been pretty alright, I wouldn't say I hate it completely because I was happy to meet up with some friends and attend one of my closest friend's engagement.

The first week, I went out with little sis for a Rurouni Kenshin movie marathon, though we could have watched it easily in Tokyo, we chose to watch it here because of the subtitles. We watched Kyoto Inferno in the morning and The Legend Ends on the same day in the afternoon, it was fun because I hardly go to the cinemas in Japan.

 I met up with some of my friends on the same week too. I hung out with someone I used to date (we were never a couple) and actually enjoyed my time with him more than I did when we were dating, probably because I was a mess back then. He said he was happy I changed so much and for the better. I'm glad we got to catch up. I also hung out with Mad until 2am with her fiancee on a different day. Even though I've just seen her in July, we both felt that the 3 months felt so long. There was a ton of things to talk about since there has been a lot of things going on in our lives.

On that same week, my dad came back since I was here. He was back for a couple of days, so we went out for dinner almost everyday. He left back to work on Tuesday, and I have been home more. I went shopping for winter clothes with mom on Thursday and just yesterday, was my Mad's engagement party. She looked so pretty and happy. I'm honestly so happy for her, I don't have to worry about her that much anymore since I know  her fiancee will take good care of her. We had so much Indian food and cake, I was stuffed. I was glad to catch up with Sam too since we haven't seen each other in years. Mad, Sam and I were always together in art college. We were just talking about the past and how much we've grown. Here's a picture I stole from Mad's instagram. :)


I just realised how many pretty friends I actually have :3

I will be on the plane back to Tokyo later tonight and I can't be any happier. I love my friends here but I love my life in Tokyo more. Everytime someone asks me if I'll ever move back, I always have the same answer : a very stern, no. Then they would ask me how my life is in Japan and I think the smile on my face is enough to tell you how much I love it.

Can't wait to be back there, since it's Autumn when the weather is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment