Friday 3 October 2014

169. in the rain, nagoya

24th September 2014, Wednesday

We slept in a little since we planned to have a day to relax in Nagoya. We left my apartment at almost 11 in the morning and arrived in Nagoya at almost 3 in the afternoon and was greeted with the pouring rain. Definitely something I wasn't expecting because the sky was clear for the last two days.

We went straight to Meitetsu department store which was right next to Nagoya station and got up to the 9th floor to try some Hitsumabushi. This was my fourth time in Nagoya and I've never tried it. Yuri and I are always running to Osu to get cheap taco rice, lol.

When we got to the restaurant, there was a long line. So we just waited, and we waited for about 40 minutes to finally get a table but it's worth the wait because the eel was sooooo good. It puts having eel in Tokyo very unsatisfying. We ordered eel omelette since it was their speciality at this restaurant and two small Hitsumabushi sets.


You had to mix the rice with a couple of things and you could ask for their special tea to add into your rice. The tea has a soup like base which was really interesting. Both little sis and I enjoyed the unagi a lot. We left not long after finishing our meal to 8 ball Tattoo. 

It was pouring outside which made going around Nagoya really hard. We took a while to get to the tattoo studio because google maps kept messing up. When I opened the door to get in, Hiro looked up and went "EH!!! Lyyy~~", his expression was really funny. He was holding onto a kitten which I thought was super cute. I told him I dropped by to say Hi to Yashin but Yashin wasn't around, I actually wanted to get another tattoo from him since he did my last one. 

Hiro told me Yashin would only be back on Monday, and by that time I'll be back in Tokyo already. So I told him it was okay that I get it from another artist and he introduced me to Yusuke, who was in the studio at the time and agreed to tattoo me. Luckily, it wasn't difficult in explaining the tattoo because he could speak English really well, he told me he lived in Australia for 7 years, going back and forth Cairns and Gold Coast. 

Little sis was so cute looking around, it was her first time ever in a tattoo studio and I introduced her to Hiro. We just chilled around and played with the kitten until Yusuke was ready to tattoo me. We got into his studio and noticed there was a "Be Strong" tattoo that he designed on the wall for one of his customers and little sis laughed. 

I don't know if it is, but "Be Strong" is one of lynch.'s song titles. I was getting a lynch. song tattooed on me, so we thought it was really funny. Yusuke was saying that his customer that wanted that tattoo is a "gay boy", lol. He said normally when you tattoo stuff like "Be Strong", you'll never "Be Strong". Also, he said he particularly doesn't fancy white people getting kanji tattooed on them. He told me he and Yashin would laugh about it later on after finishing those kinds of tattoos. Definitely made little sis and I laugh a lot.



Getting the tattoo didn't hurt either this time since it's still a small piece, he finished it in about 15 minutes and I was really happy with it. We hung around the tattoo studio since there was no one there for a little bit and continued playing with the kitten until about 5 in the evening and left for Sakae. Both of them said またね〜 to me and left under the heavy rain.

It was still pouring when we got to Sakae and checked in at the hotel. I wanted to take little sis to Osu and show her around but the rain didn't allow us to go. So, we settled on going to Piggy Cat Diner somewhere nearby but, it was closed again. -__- In the end, we went to Komeda's where we got the coffee milkshake and teriyaki sandwich and I'm glad little sis liked the milkshake! 

After dinner, we went to Starbucks to get some cake and went back to the hotel and had an early night's rest. I was bummed that it was raining so hard in Nagoya because I really wanted to show little sis around, oh well. Maybe next time!

I can't wait till the next time I am in Nagoya again, thinking about the future makes me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment