Sunday 20 July 2014

151. twenty five


It was my birthday on Friday, but I met up with Yuri on the 17th to countdown. I slowly made my way to Hiyoshi from Ikebukuro after hanging out a bit with Hajime since he was in the area. Yuri and I went to get sushi for dinner and walked down to Tsurumi Gawa, we stopped by Donki Quijote on the way to get sparklers, but we ended up also getting a little box of fireworks and bubbles! It was quite a long walk to the river but it was well worth it.

When the clock stroke 12, she sang happy birthday to me and lit a candle of the little cake she bought earlier on and told me to blow out the candle to make a wish. After that we gobbled up the cake and started playing with the sparklers. Some of them were hard to light up, but it was so fun because we were being lame and doing stupid things, and she was recording some videos, which was so nice! We lit up the fireworks too and was in awe of it, even though it ended so fast. I was happy we got a little one because I've never played with those before, since it's banned in Singapore. So definitely was something really really nice. Once all the sparklers were gone, we started playing with the bubbles. I swear, we act like we just turned 5. 


We decided to walk back to her place at about 2am and got some food and drinks on the way. We wanted to stay out to talk but it started to drizzle, so we just went to her place. We stayed up till about 6am when I left to go home.

I got home at about 7am but didn't sleep till about 10am. I met up with her later on again in the late afternoon for dinner! But first, we went to Silkream because I really wanted nice dessert on my birthday. I decided to get the most expensive one they had since it was a special occasion, and oh my god, it was so good. There's parfait, a mini waffle filled with fruits and at the bottom of the parfait, there was still cheesecake! :3 Made me so happy.


We walked to Harajuku after that because I wanted to go to the rooftop at GYRE but it was drizzling, so we didn't spend too long there. She took videos and I just played with the bubbles. We went to A to Z Cafe for dinner. This time I got the rice bowl with tuna and cod roe, she got the chicken with salad. But the tuna and cod roe was actually really good. We just chilled there, and was just talking like any other ordinary day. Later on, she got dessert and I ordered fries. We stayed there till about 10ish and decided to go back to Shibuya to take some purikura!

But the purikura didn't turn out cute at all, I'm not a big fan of purikura on top of it, so it was kind of a bummer. We ended the day just by talking near Hachiko like we always do.

This birthday was actually a really nice one and reminded me of the things we did last Christmas. We were so happy because we had each other. It was so simple but it made me happier. The simplest things are always the best. I honestly don't think my other birthdays would be this special, this was one of the best ones. It's so simple and I'm so happy.

edit : Yuri finished making a short video for my birthday. ^^ I really liked the Kamakura one more maybe because I was so happy back then, but this one is pretty nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment