Thursday 17 July 2014

150. thread dance


Yesterday was the third day in a row heading out to Shibuya, met up with Hajime for the first time. We've been following each other on tumblr for almost two years, we started talking to each other on there because of our love for indigo la End. We met up at Tower Records and went for lunch at Silkream, this time I just got dessert because I wasn't in the mood for a heavy meal. 

After lunch, he brought me to the Shibuya LAD MUSICIAN store. I've only been to the one in Harajuku. He introduced me to the staff there, the guy at the store yesterday was the one that's always snapped for the brand. He's actually better looking in person and he was nice too, so I was really surprised. It's funny because that LAD store is in the same area Yuri and I always hang out but we just never walk to that street, there were actually plenty of cool shops there. I'll probably go back another day to look around.

After that, we went to Tsutaya and was just looking at some books and cds. I always love getting to know a person that way, looking at books and showing each other what we like, and also, with music, just talking about what you listen to in middle school, high school and even now. He was telling me about how he used to like visual kei back in junior high but now he mostly listens to indie. Also mostly telling me how there isn't that many cute little boutiques in Chicago. 

After that we walked to Harajuku, to the other LAD store. I decided to buy new shoes because my creepers are dying. It has been dying since last August and I haven't found a suitable one to replace it because most of my outfits fit it so well. Ended up buying yet another pair from Tokyo Boppers. It's still my favorite shoe brand and it was cool yesterday at the store because the guy was actually making the platforms and I was just watching him make it. We both agreed that the girl that helped me with the shoes was really cute. 

We also went to the Comme des Garcons Trading Museum at GYRE. I always walk pass that building but never go into it. -__- I love the leather jackets display there, so pretty. I know close to nothing about fashion but obviously love looking at things I can never afford. We also went to the 1LDK and MoMa Design store. He took me to the rooftop of GYRE, which had such a pretty view of Harajuku and you can actually see Tower Records from there. 


We talked for a little bit there while watching the sunset, I was surprised he knew who Felix is. I told him that we were friends and I met him last November in Kyoto. So funny how the world is so small. Mostly talked about Chicago and Melbourne, was a little strange talking about Chicago, Illinois especially because my ex is from there. I haven't talked to anyone about Chicago since him, but obviously I didn't tell Hajime about the ex, it would make him feel weird. We spent a good time on the rooftop and went to Opening Ceremony after that.

After some more window shopping, we were getting hungry so I took him to A to Z Cafe, since he likes Yoshitomo Nara as well. I was starving, I ordered a salad and the rice bowl with braised pork belly. He ordered beer and hamburger steak. There we started talking about relationship problems, his problem with a girl back in Chicago is almost the same situation I have right now. It was so nice to talk about personal stuff as well, because before that we were mostly talking about bands, artists and all that, which is also nice, but to let out frustration about the things that were actually bothering us is another thing.

We started walking back to Shibuya at about 9ish, when he told me he's also in band and has been playing drums for about 11 years and guitar for 2. I swear, I can't run away from band guys, I give up. Once back in Shibuya, we were sitting somewhere around Hachiko where one of the big screens was playing the promotional video for the guy that I'm having problems with, so I just showed Haji that he's the drummer of that band. He was so funny, he was like :O and told me he looks cool. I told nah, he's not that cool and showed him that guy's line display picture and Haji started laughing and said he IS a dork, which made me laugh so hard. 

We parted ways at almost 11 and probably meeting again to go to Odaiba. Honestly, I was pretty worried with how this outing would turn out but I actually enjoyed myself and glad he did too. It's funny all the people I actually have fun with are the people I met on Tumblr. First of course is Yuri, then Felix (which I haven't even wrote about since last November! Maybe a throwback?), Elaine, who I went to Shimokitazawa with and fan girl over THE NOVEMBERS and now Hajime. 

Funny how things always turn out. Tomorrow is my birthday and I just hope, I have a nice simple quiet one. I just don't want to think about the unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment