Sunday 10 March 2013

071. clock wise, tokyo

1st March 2013, Friday:

We slept in till it was the final hour for breakfast, we were so exhausted from the day before. But like I already said, Japanese breakfast makes me the happiest. First stop of the day was at Harajuku! It was a fun shopping day.




This is the area actually outside of our hotel. We never take photos here apparently until now.

So, the first place we went in Harajuku was LaForet! Still my favorite shopping area but I was disappointed with the stuf they had this time because the Alice Black ring that I wanted was sold out and the stuff at the other shops weren't that great. ): The only thing I was happy about is theVK shop over there, Like an Edison. They had so much lynch. posters because of their latest release and advertising their live for the next day.

<3

I actually really love this poster.

 We didn't spend that much time because I was too disappointed... so we slowly made our way to the Cat Street, and found ourselves at 6% Doki Doki. The shop was so cute and I really love the decors but we were not allowed to take photos in the shop. The staff was nice enough to direct us to Mam Avantgarde, her outfit was really cute too. We just took our time and looked at other shops along the way. I was surprised that they had a Barbie shop... like... wtf?


And I found the brand,  "Neighborhood" shop too. 


And here we are at Mam Avantgarde!





I really love the decors for Avantgarde too. I think little sis was more amazed than me though, she took so many photos of me in the store. The leggings were so cute, though they were all really cute, I don't think I suit any of them so I only got 2 pairs of Alice In Wonderland leggings. I am super in love with it, it has Alice, the Cheshire Cat, the White Rabbit and the Cards on it. <3 

Amazingly, I managed to find the LAD MUSICIAN store! I never thought I would have. The only reason why I know about it is because of THE NOVEMBERS. The store was cool, it was a garage but with clothes in it and it was really big. But this clothing line only had mens' clothing. So I didn't buy anything. Still, cool concept for a store.



Amazingly, I spent more time in Harajuku than usual. In the past, I would finish shopping within an hour but this time, it felt like there was so much more stuff to see. We found a shop that only sold stickers and badges. The shop was so cute too. I bought a kappa badge and Alice in Wonderland badge and they gave me a cute Koala sticker for free because I said I was from Australia. ^^ I love Koalas.


These were the walls of the shop.


After this, we made our way to Candy Stripper to check out some clothes but they didn't have anything that suit us as well. ): And we crossed over to the Tokyo Bopper boutique, my fave brand for shoes <3. I bought another pair of shoes from them, this time, it's black and they look like ninja shoes. Super in love with them and it's super comfy. And we made our way to the new Kiddyland! :D

The new renovated Kiddyland was much bigger than the one I've been going to last year. It also had 4 levels. Basement was Snoopy Town, 1st, 2nd and 3rd was a mix of characters and the 4th was for Rilakuma and Hello Kitty. I was so happy they had such a huge section for Moomin goods. 

Little My heaven!

I only bought a Little My pouch, I bought a Little My Iphone casing the day before at the Cafe and little sis had the free cup and back at home, I have too many Moomin toys so I decided not to go crazy with the Moomin merch. My bed is running out of space. -_- 

We didn't realize it was already coming to 3 and we haven't had lunch, on top of it, the live was at 5pm at Ikebukuro which would take about half an hour to reach from Harajuku! So we quickly made our way to Shibuya for some sweets and try our best to get to Ikebukuro on time. On the way to Harajuku train station, I saw the lynch. truck again. And again, I was like "LYNCH.!!!!" Haha. You have no idea how excited I was to finally get the chance to see them.

So again, we went to Silkream for some sweets. This time I had the parfait with Apple pie! It was so good, Apple with cinnamon is always a good combo.


Dragon Ball at one of the buildings!

After we finished our sweets, we still had some time to spare. We actually gobbled down the food so quickly, we arrived at Ikebukuro kinda early, like 15 minutes past 4. Luckily we got there early, I couldn't find EDGE, the venue of the live and had to go around asking people for directions. At last, we stopped at a tourist information centre and they directed us to the live house.

It was actually pretty easy to get to because it's opposite the lane I always walk through to get to Sunshine City. We arrived at EDGE at 4.45pm and the line to get in was already quite long, so we just crossed over to the other side and went to try our luck with some UFO Catchers.

Little sis and I both got into the venue a little late because our numbers were B6, 7. The queue number wasn't a big deal because the venue was so small, you could see the stage clearly from anywhere you stood. I was quite amazed with the girls at the gig. They brought an extra pair of shoes to change into to jump in and stools to sit on while waiting for the bands to start.

I was actually quite turned off with the way they call EAT YOU ALIVE "EATO" in Japan. I don't know, EAT YOU ALIVE just sounds more badass right? EATO is just so.... I don't even know how to explain it. Before I got into the venue and was getting the drink ticket, the girl asked me who I came to watch and I answered with "EAT YOU ALIVE" and everyone stared at me. -_- Hello, the band is called EAT YOU ALIVE afterall, not "EATO". Sounds so dumb, I can't get over it.

So there was a total of 4 bands tonight, cocklobin, NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST, Thomas and EAT YOU ALIVE. The gig started right on time with cocklobin. They were pretty okay and I really enjoyed the way the guitarist played, he really uses the stage well. The rest were pretty meh. One thing I didn't like was that the other guitarist (Yuya) kept looking at me the whole time they were on stage. -.- I thought I was thinking too much but little sis was like "Hey, he keeps looking at you and when you look up at him, he smiles." I was like T_T Because it's really true. It's kind of easy for the band to see you at the venue because it was so small and on top of it, I was standing on a step. So... there. Disturbing.

After cocklobin wa s NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST, who I really really dislike. Their outfits were so tacky and the lead singer actually has a nice body why the fuck do you want to cover it all up with body paint? -.- Sorry, I can never fully get used to Japanese culture with my being is way too Westernised by the way I've been brought up. And omg, their music. My ears died. I hate bands who play without singing and it's just screamo all the way and choppy guitar playing. It's not music anymore, it's just noise. Argh, annoying. Wasted 30 minutes of my life and I just sat down the entire time. I was so happy when they were over. -___-

Next up with Thomas, I actually was so annoyed at this point that I just ignored the band and went to the toilet and got drinks. But in the end, I just watched the band for the rest of the 30 minutes, they were okay. I only really liked the drummer (Lotto? Thanks Yuri for telling me his name), he has nice tattoos and is kinda cute, plus his playing's not bad. So I was staring at him for the rest of Thomas's set. 

It didn't take long after Thomas for EAT YOU ALIVE to take the stage. I've been a fan of theirs for almost 2 years so I'm kind of happy I got the chance to watch them and see Ryohei. Unfortunately, I was standing over at Shoya's and Kendi's side of the stage. So Ryohei was kind of far away. I can't really remember what songs they played but I know they played my favorites, hungry wolf, HYBRID STATUS, Lily, Missing you, RD in hope, Jennifer and some old stuff. I can't remember all of their song titles. Also, they played some of their new stuff, like sick. During hungry wolf, there was a mosh pit. It was interesting to see since the mosh pit was only made up of girls.

They were pretty good live. I really enjoyed Ryohei's playing and he was really funny. Hiro's voice was better live than the record too. Again, I noticed that Shoya was looking at little sis and me the entire time he was playing. Little sis was like "Why does this guy keep staring at us... CREEPY." Haha, because he would smile too, when I look at him. The entire time my head was turned to Ryohei. I like him best because he doesn't even look at girls. Halfway through while Hiro was talking about the crowd, he said there were "bijin"(hot babe, beautiful girl etc) tonight at their live and when he said "bijin" he was pointing and looking at me and I felt so awkward, I just stared at Ryohei as if nothing happened.

At the first encore, Ryohei dragged Lotto, both shirtless to join in with the crowd, moshing. It was funny to see. Ryohei was just running in circles and Lotto was so confused. lol. Amazingly, the girls didn't attack them, I thought they would have, because if it was me, I would have grabbed one of them or something. Haha. I didn't join in the mosh since I wasn't really in the mood for it. 

And for their final song and second encore, they closed with Jennifer. It was really nice and Ryohei and Shoya were so funny, chasing each other in circles on stage. I really enjoyed their live and they played for a little over an hour. Would definitely watch them again, I wish they had more fans, they deserve more fans not like that stupid nocturnal bloodlust. -.- 

I was disappointed with the merch because they didn't carry the badges and towels I wanted. They only sold their singles, albums some LED rings with their band logo on it (it was cool but what am I going to  do with it after their live?) and some polaroids. So, we didn't spend any longer there and got out of the venue.




I sneaked some photos of just because...

When we got out of the venue, you could see there was some fans waiting around the parking lot. I wanted to wait too but it was raining so heavily I gave up on that idea. The minute I opened my umbrella everyone stared at me, it was so funny because my umbrella was full of Koalas. ^^ Hey, I love my country okay. The other umbrellas were the transparent ones so I guess, we stood out like a sore thumb. 

It was so cold and the rain was getting heavier as we walked to Ikebukuro Station, so little sis and I settled on bento sets for dinner. It's cheap and good. We were so hungry after finishing our food at the hotel that she went down to the Lawson conbini at our hotel to get even more sushi. I had no idea why I was starving so much, apparently, going to lives take a lot out of you. Well, especially if you had to deal with stupid bands like *coughnocturnalbloodlustcough*. 

We called it a day at almost 11pm. I was too excited to sleep because of the stuff happening the next day, which was going to finally see my favorite band, lynch. I haven't had this much excitement and love for a band since I was 16. It's funny how much I love them. I really really love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment