Tuesday 12 March 2013

072. until i die, tokyo

2nd March 2013, Saturday :

I was so lazy to get out of bed because going to concerts drain out so much from you but somehow I still managed to get into the shower, my hair done and clothes on by 10.30am. On TV Tokyo on Saturday mornings, they broadcast the new episode of Fairy Tail. Little sis and I always have to watch it whenever we are in Tokyo. The episode was a good fight too, Minerva VS Lucy. Okay, enough of my geek talk and we shall carry on...

We left the hotel right after Fairy Tail ended and got on the train to Shimbashi, where we had to change for the Yurikamome line to Odaiba. It's way smaller than the JR line, it's almost like a monorail around some parts of Tokyo. It'll pass by the ports until you get to Odaiba-koen or Odaiba.

We had ramen for breakfast almost lunch! We always go to this famous ramen place whenever we are in Tokyo. The only time I can get a spicy fix and awesome Gyoza! <3


After our meal, we walked down to the Cat Cafe, it was on the same lane as the ramen shop. We already promised ourselves to get into a Cat Cafe for the experience. The price range was by hour, 1200 Yen  an hour and an additional 400 yen for every additional 10 minutes. Also, it includes a drink. I had tea while little sis had orange juice.

There were about over 30 cats in there, all different breeds. Most sleeping and some running around. SO CUTE. If you know me well, you will know how much I love cats. ><

This Turkish Angor was at the entrance of the cafe, her fur is so pretty. 

Sleeping Maine Coon.

And I don't know what breed she is but she's so cute. ^^

Munchkin and a Maine Coon kissing? awwww.
Me and a Munchkin and the black one's a Persian also commonly known as the "smushed faced" cat.
A Somali that doesn't allow anyone to touch it. ):
Not sure what breed is this but they were peacefully sleeping.
I think this little guy is a mix breed with a sphnx. Poor guy was sick with blocked nose. ):
And this idiot bit me. ):
This one likes humans, a lot.
And this one really likes the sink.
And if I posted some more pictures of cats, it would be endless.

After the hour of cats was over, we made our way to Aqua City and Decks, there was nothing much there, so we headed to Diver City and Venus Fort earlier than expected.
Still love camwhoring outside Decks. :D
Some Sakura were blooming, we were lucky! I have never seen Sakura in my life.

Little sis really wanted to see the Gigantic Gundam figure because she's been to Tokyo 3 times but have never seen it. I only found it the last time I was there which was the 4th time. It's quite easy to find, it's just behind Diver City next to Zepp Diver Tokyo. I don't know, I think we missed it out the last time we were here because we always skipped going to Diver City and straight to Venus Fort.


There was also a Gundam Cafe behind the statue, so little sis wanted to try it for fun because we thought it would be like a restaurant type thing, like Moomin Cafe or Alice in Wonderland Cafe, but it wasn't. It's just a merch store with food shaped like Gundam and some "to go" pancakes and waffles shaped like Gundam. We thought it was lame so we passed on that idea.

After camwhoring and taking too many photos of the Gundam statue, we walked to Venus Fort via the connecting bridge between the two places. On our way there, there was cosplayers and I told little sis I saw Fairy Tail cosplayers the last time I was here but I have no idea where all these cosplayers go. So we decided to stalk them, haha. It was quite easy to follow since one of the girl we were stalking was cosplaying as Hatsune Miku. So, we just followed the bright blue neon hair. 

They led us to the Toyota Car show, and the Ferris Wheel and Zepp Tokyo. I had no idea where all these were until now, thank you cosplayers. And tah-dah! We found a whole bunch of cosplayers having photoshoots. I didn't recognize any of the animes they were from except for K-ON!! I wish they had something I knew because I would definitely have taken photos with them.



Cosplayers!

Afte taking this picture, we went to roam around Venus Fort. I really wanted to go to Strange Love again because of the things they sold there. It's more like a museum to me, dead animals, skeletons of animals, old haunted paintings, animal heads, ancient jewellery. But what I hate about it is that it's always so difficult to locate it because it's hidden at the corner of the first level, next to an escalator. We basically walked around for almost an hour trying to find it. Apparently, you have to be "lost" to find it. 



Actually, no photos are allowed at Strange Love but I managed to take this before the staff told me "No Photos Allowed". They expanded their shop, it was bigger than the last time and also creepier. I looked into the other side of the shop and it was all dark and the statues totally creeped me out. After that, little sis and I basically ran out of the shop, haha.

We ended up at a Lego shop, it was cute. I'm not a big fan of Legos because when I was little, I always stepped on those little bricks and you know, it hurt like a fucking bitch. Besides, I never liked building things, I always liked to draw. Reason why I had a F on my 3D module back in Lasalle.

Nope, still can't build things to save my life.

Little sis too.

I always envied people who can build these. ~_~

After Lego, we had tea at Cheese Factory. It was pretty alright, cheese cake in Japan is basically nicer than a lot of other places. I was also too anxious to eat anything because I was so excited for lynch. I had to go to the toilet a few times because I had butterflies in my stomach as the time got nearer. I have never been this excited in such a long time.

After tea, we went to find Zepp Diver Tokyo, like I said earlier, it was just right next to the Gundam statue. They were already selling merch. I took quite a while to decide of which one to get because they sold merch for their previous tours and it was all nice. I really had a hard time choosing. >< In the end, I picked a towel with just the words "THE FATAL EXPERIENCE" and the band logo. The towel with the live name I was going to was ugly. boo. 

They also allowed us to use the lockers before 4.30pm, so we did that. I never use lockers during concerts but during winter, it's really useful. I wouldn't want to wear my coat in the bloody mosh pit and die of heat.


Wish I could have stayed for this.

There was also other posters like SCREW, LM.C, BORN and UNiTE etc... I'm seriously not that interested in that many VK bands. Also, I don't like the ones I just mentioned, SCREW used to be good but I really hate their recent stuff. 

After that, we had to wait in line until our queue numbers were called. I didn't now we had to wait in the cold, so I was really freezing outside having put my coat in the locker early. -_- Our numbers were B 39 and 40. We had to wait for about 1000 people to get in first. -_- I nearly died in the cold.

lynch. fans all freezing in the cold.

I was worried we would have to stand right behind 1000 people but when we got into the venue, everyone was spaced out. Somehow, we managed to squeeze our way through to the 5th row, on the right side of the stage. I really like the way Japanese organize their concerts more and the crowd don't really bother if you want to stand in the front or whatever.

The lights were turned off at exactly 6pm, and the opening music for lynch. was Pantera's Mouth of War, I was like fuck yeah! Because Pantera's one of my favorite metal bands. Slowly all of them started appearing on stage and I was so happy I finally go to see my favorite band in person. Especially Hazuki. I was shaking and little sis was just laughing at me. We were standing at Reo's side of the stage. All of them look better in person than in pictures especially Akinori(bass) and Hazuki, especially Hazuki. 

They opened to ADORE, continued with I'm sick, b'cuz luv u and they continued with all the fast paced songs. Mostly, older stuff. Their energy is really great on stage and Hazuki's voice is so much better than the records. Even little sis who isn't a big fan of them have become a huge Hazuki fan after this live. 

Halfway through, the lights were turned off and everyone was cheering when Hazuki just suddenly said "Ssshh!" into the mic and once the crowd got quiet, he sang BALLAD. OMG, it was sooooo gooood. I think he sang BALLAD best for the night. I was like ;____; the whole time. After BALLAD, they played CRYSTALIZE which was fun because he asked the crowd to join in with clapping. I was having so much fun. It's also the first time for them performing these 2 songs.

After that, they started playing really slow songs to calm to crowd down and this is the part where you can really hear Hazuki's voice range and seriously, his voice is so amazing live. And I already love his voice so much on records, he totally took my breath away.

Little sis was happiest when they played MIRRORS and INFERIORITY COMPLEX, I was happy they played melt and unknown lost a beauty. They basically played a lot of stuff from their first album, THE BURIED. I was quite disappointed they didn't play FROZEN and A FLARE. ): Those were my favorite songs from their latest album. Oh, and Hazuki forgot the lyrics to MOMENT!!! It was so funny. I think it was the verse before the chorus. lol. He sang the song normally and he suddenly stopped singing and was hitting his head trying to remember it and suddenly, he was laughing. 

Thank god, he remembered the part I like most from MOMENT if not I would have gone on stage and whacked him, I didn't travel so far just to see him not to sing my favorite part of that song. 

They had 2 encores. They also announced their upcoming tours and album. Hazuki can really talk a lot and the whole time he was talking I barely understood what he was talking about. I felt like shouting "Wakarimasan." I swear he could have heard me since the crowd really kept quiet after he said "Urusai!" I really liked the crowd for lynch. They're all so chill and you could tell they really cared about the music, there was no one shouting rubbish like "Hazuki I love you etc", they really head banged to all the songs. I have no idea how strong their necks are. My neck was sore only after 5 songs because they played fast-paced songs continuously in the beginning.

During the 2nd encore, Akinori crowd surfed! I was surprised he did that, haha. Reo threw a guitar pick towards my direction and it actually hit me and dropped on the floor but it was so dark, I could barely see anything. In the end, the girl infront of me found it. ): 

They played 32 songs in 2 hours and 30 minutes. Best 2 hours and 30 minutes I've had in such a long time. They didn't disappoint at all, argh, I love them so much more after going to their live and did I mention how cute Hazuki looks when he smiles? He's so cute when he does. /sigh. I'm such a fan girl for this band and I'm not even ashamed. I'm just quite bummed they didn't play some of my absolute favorites. ):

There were other bands present at their live too, they were all sitting at the second level. Everyone kept looking up to see if they could recognize anyone. I could only recognize Ryohei, haha. To reconfirm he was really there, I saw his tweet to Akinori after the live. Yes, I am such a stalker. 

Their setlist (going to bold my favorites) :
00. OPENING SE
01. ADORE
02. I'm sick b'cuz luv u
03. -273.51 C
04. I BELIEVE IN ME
05. THE TRUTH IS INSIDE
06. All this I'll give you
07. THE BLASTED BACK BONE
08. melt
09. NEW PSYCHO PARALIZE
10. EXPERIENCE
11. EVILLY
12. BALLAD
13. CRYSTALIZE 
14. BEFORE YOU KNOW IT
15. AMBIVALENT IDEAL
16. MIRRORS
17. THE FATAL HOUR HAS COME
18. MOMENT
19. 59
20. alien tune
21. INFERIORITY COMPLEX
22. TIAMAT
23. unknown lost a beauty
24. pulse_
25. A GLEAM IN EYE
-ENCORE 1-
26. UNTIL I DIE
27. the universe
28. STARZ
29. discord number
30. LIGHTNING
-ENCORE 2-
31. DAZZLE
32. a grateful shit

I wish they played FROZEN, A FLARE, MAZE, LAST NITE, LIE, an illusion, THE MORNING GLOW and THIS COMA. Of course they wouldn't because most of them are slow songs and really beside songs. huhuhu. ;___; Still, I had such a great time with my favorite band.

Here are some pictures of the live. The lighting at Zepp is so good. I remember telling little sis that and she was like "duh... we are in Japan. They are Japanese." Haha, what an answer.



Some pictures of the live from here.

After the concert, I ran to Yusuke's amd Akinori's side of the stage to sneak another picture of the stage, since their equipment had their band logo on it. Oh yes, I forgot, Akinori's bass strings glow in the dark. The green stuff you are seeing in the picture below is his bass.


When we got out of the venue, I realized that my phone was missing. You know what, my stupid sister played a prank of me, making me back and forth the damn bloody stage and asking the venue staff about my lost phone to tell me later on, it was with her all along. I almost cried. ):


Once I finally got my phone back, we sat down outside the venue in the cold. There were some people giving out flyers. I do not like the bands on there, none of them. Little sis and I were talking about the guys at the gig, some of them were pretty cute. I remember telling her the guy at the merch stand was cute and she said "dumb, you should have smiled at him, he was looking at you the entire time you were buying stuff." Oh well. I love Hazuki more, it's okay. :3

We went to watch the Gundam figure light up too, there were music and the lights would change. It was pretty cool but it was getting too cold so we went back into Diver City. 


Initially, we wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel after the concert but it was closed. I can understand why. It was sooooooooooo windy and cold. When we were trying to walk to the train station, the wind almost blew us away. I know I stumbled a couple of times and it was a long walk. It was an excruciatingly painful walk. 

Once we got back to Hamamatsucho, we were so tired, we settled for bento sets again. We planned to go to Roppongi but gave up since it was so far away and it requires even more walking and our legs were already dying. We hit the hay at about midnight, I know I was really happy that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment