Sunday 10 March 2013

070. eat, play & love, tokyo

28th February 2013, Thursday :

We got up early again and made our way to Tsukiji Fish Market by train on the Asakusa line. It's not far from Hamamatsucho, it took about 15 minutes to get there and another 5 minutes on foot. Little sis and I really wanted good sushi since the last time we were at Tsukiji was almost 2 years ago.

I realized I've never taken any photos in the trains in Tokyo.

We quickly joined the line at one of the two famous restaurants over there. The line this time was so long! It took about 45 minutes for us to get into restaurant but it was so worth it. Best sushi ever.


there were over 50 people waiting to get in. ><


The chef was nice enough to recommend the sushi set which had fatty tuna, tamago, prawns, prawn head, jet fish, even more tuna, sea urchin, squid and some other fishes that I can't remember the name of. Ocha and miso soup was also part of the set. When we finished our set, he asked us if we wanted more and that fish sperm and scallop was in season. I chose scallop even though I was so full, so worth it. The scallop was soooooo goood. Fish sperm kind of scares me, it looks like human brains and "sperm", erm, doesn't sound that appetising. Sounds kind of gross actually or at least, I don't think I could stomach it down.

Left to Right : Prawn head (I can't eat), tuna, jet fish, fatty tuna, tamago!

Scallop, octopus, prawn heads, tamago, squid!

Ahhhh was so full and my tummy was so happy by the end of this meal. The chef was funny too, trying to speak to us in Mandarin  because the couple sitting next to us was from Taiwan. I love hearing Japanese speak Mandarin, they sound so cute. ><

After Tsukiji, we made our way to Tokyo Sky Tree. Thankfully, there was a straight train there and it took about half an hour, we had to drop off at Oshiage Station. Little sis and I aren't all about going up on the Observation Deck or up what ever tower to see the city view. It's such a waste of money to us. The reason why I wanted to go there was because of Tokyo Sky Tree Town and Moomin House Cafe! The shopping complex was really really huge and they sold so much food! The cutest food I've ever seen. I nearly died looking at all the cakes. 

These bottles were shaped like the Tokyo Sky Tree.




After walking around the food area for too long and trying too many samples, I think you actually don't have to buy any food just trying all the samples will make you full. Haha. We somehow walked to the end of the shopping complex and to my surprise, there was a gigantic Ghibli Shop outside. 


I think this is the best Ghibli shop I've seen around Tokyo. The decors were so cute and they had a sleeping Totoro and Mei, the Catbus paws at the "library", I got two books, Art of Whisper of the Heart and Nausicaa. I've been looking for those two books for so long. The English ones don't have the particular art work that I'm looking for. I love this shop so much. 


How cute is this? If you press the button, the light will turn on and you can hear Totoro snoring and his tummy will move up and down. SO CUTEEEEEE. Kids were all surrounding this. I don't blame them, I had to wait for them to leave to take this picture.

The book section. I spent so much time there.



Some displays from Totoro scenes.

Gigantic Jiji!

Even the cashier had cute decor ><

I took some pictures of the merch, okay, maybe I took a lot but I'm not going to post it here since it will really make this entry even longer. I've posted most of them on Facebook. I really enjoyed myself in this shop and it kind of made up for not going to Ghibli Museum, the tickets were sold out for the week I was there, but it's okay. I've been there 3 times. I think I spent about half an hour in this shop. 

I didn't know it was facing the shop.

After that, we continued window shopping till it was tea time that we decided to look for the Moomin House Cafe. The queue was so long, it took 45 minutes to get in. I joined the line at 2 and only got in at 2.45pm? It's worth the wait if you're a Moomin fanatic (like me)  but if you're not, then don't waste your time because the food's not that great!

There was a blanket at every table.

Snufkin <3
Moomin Papa, Mama, Moomin, Snork Maiden <3

I love everything at Moomin Cafe, the utensils, the plates, everything. Like I said, if you love Moomin, then it's worth the wait. I was so happy here!
Look at my happy face.


I actually hate coffee in Japan but we ordered it anyway for the character faces, haha.

I ordered Moomin waffles with fruits and little sis ordered pudding because of the free cup. ^^
Look at all the Moomin merch! <3
Moomin Valley map!
Outside the Cafe.

After having tea, we still had some time to kill before heading to Tokyo DisneySea. We walked around somemore and there were Tokyo Sky Tree mascots parading outside of the shopping area. 

The penguin looks retarded, tbh.

After that, we made our way to Maihama, it took about almost 2 hours to get there. T_T We had to change the train 3 times and still another time for the Disney Monorail express. We only went to Disney Sea after 6 because they sold after 6 passes for half the price of the regular, 6400 Yen. DisneySea is not that big anyways, so you can easily finish the entire park in a few hours, unless you want to take the rides that you should get the whole day pass.

I don't even know where we were at this point. T_T

When we reached Maihama, we went to the Disney Store before getting on the Monorail, I think they sold almost the same stuff outside. The only difference is that they don't sell the cute hats at this store. (You don't need a pass to get into this store). The store was big though, little sis and I bought underwear (lol), I got a Cheshire Cat one while she got Monsters Inc. and that three aliens from Toy Story.

I had fun playing with all the different hats too (posted on Facebook).

Dumbo, why you so cute?

After playing enough, we finally got on the monorail to DisneySea, it was so crowded and the sun already went down. There were some high school students decked out in Minnie matching outfits, cute but they were so noisy. Argh, teenagers.


Little sis brought her leopard ears to play dress up, haha.

At the entrance of DisneySea!

We started by going to the shops, I didn't know it would be that cold over DisneySea so I bought a Cheshire Cat hat in the end, it kept my head nice and toasty. After shopping, we wanted to go to the Aladdin and Mermaid Lagoon first, but got lost and ended up on a ship, there wasn't much people there so it was great to take photos.

This outfit was so cute but I didn't buy it!

This is the hat I bought in the end.

On the ship, where's Captain Jack Sparrow?


Sis said she only could spot me because of my hat, lol.


There was a castle infront of the ship, I forgot what this part or "kingdom" this was called.

So we got lost and started walking around in circles and ended up at the Indiana Jones part of the park. We were so lost at this point, we just gave up and camwhored with these cute outfits. It was so nice and warm in them >< I wanted to buy it but I was thinking what the hell am I going to do with it when I got back so I gave up on the idea of dressing up like the Cheshire Cat.


Little sis was Tigger!

We somehow managed to end up at Mermaid Lagoon after freezing in the cold for what seems like forever and I was so happy! Since Little Mermaid is one of my favorite Disney films (other 2 are Peter Pan and Alice In Wonderland). It's ironic because I'm scared of fish and the ocean in general. -_- 


King Triton!
Under The Sea ~

Yes, there's a shop in the whale's mouth.
My happy face with Ariel.

After we were done with Mermaid Lagoon, we headed to the Aladdin part of the park. I forgot what it's called now. I can't remember a ton of things for this trip because so much stuff happened everyday. T_T Little sis was so happy because Aladdin is her favorite Disney film. :D Thank god they had both our favorites at DisneySea!




Now's her turn to look all happy. ^^

This was Jasmine's Flying Carpet ride, we were contemplating whether to get on it but little sis made a good point, we would freeze even more if we took this, so we just decided to take photos with Raja (Jasmine's tiger).


After this part, there were fireworks, so we stopped and watched it for a bit. I took some photos but it didn't turn out nice at all. Quality of photos at DisneySea are quite shitty because I mostly used my Iphone, my camera is retarded, it didn't want to capture anything that night. -.- Annoying. Once the fireworks were done, we just aimlessly walked around and found Machu Picchu.


Some vintage cars? Trucks?


and Toy Story Mania!


This was a new attraction at the park, I came to DisneySea in 2011 and this didn't exist. Everything here was so cute!!!! There was a showcase in Woody's mouth but the queue was so long and it was estimated to that it would take 2 hours to get in, so we didn't even bother trying. 

OOOOO!!!

Mr Potato Head sang in Japanese. So wrong. D:


They had this funny mirrors here. 

And instead of using a hammer to hit, you have to jump on it. It was fun, haha.

Bye bye Toy Story Mania!
Tower of Terror! Something we didn't try either because of time.

This was the last place we went. One word, boring.

It was almost 10, so we made our way out of the park and Mickey was lighted up. The Sorcerer's Apprentice is one of my favorite short films from Fantasia. I love the Centaurs one best. <3 I'm love Fantasia <3



Little sis and I  quickly made our way to the monorail because we didn't want to squeeze with the crowd, it was still pretty packed though. We managed to catch the train when we arrived at the platform and it took about an hour to get back to Hamamatsucho. 

We were starving once we reached Hamamatsucho so we settled for Mcdonald's. Little sis tried the "Big America" burger, it was a special in Japan. It had a patty with bacon and hashbrown, so good. I just had a norml Big Mac but you know the cheese at Japanese Mcdonald's has a slight taste of wasabi. Still good, and the fries were crispier than the ones here. -.- 

After supper, we slowly walked back to the hotel where we got stalked. Little sis was freaking out because she has never been stalked before. It's always happens to me in Japan and I kind of got used to it. Most of the time they are harmless, Japanese guys just like to stalk as told by one of my friends. Little sis was so scared she took out the umbrella and the guy immediately vanished. I nearly died laughing at her. She was so funny. 

We crashed once we got back to the room. We were so tired by a whole full day of going around Tokyo but I was so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment