Tuesday 26 June 2012

017. trippy elephants

There's only a few hours before I get on that plane to Thailand.

I'm not really excited because I just feel like I've just unpacked and it doesn't feel long enough to start travelling again. Plus, we're going to a small island, typical tropical getaway, my first though. I'm not a sun, beach and surf girl at all.

On the plus side, at least I won't be travelling alone this time. I have my mom and baby sister with me so I hope they can make it enjoyable somehow. We're almost all packed and ready to go and I realize I'm still dressed for a funeral party. The amount of coloured clothes I have is pathetic.

I hope the time away from the hustle and bustle of the city and most importantly, internet, will do me some good. I feel like I'm about to breakdown soon or something because I miss my boys so much but I don't know how to even talk to them anymore.

I've been searching for inspiration again, so I re-watched Angel's Egg and chanced on a 2001 animation film called Cat Soup. I'm in love with both of these films because of how trippy they are. Almost everyone hates my taste in films. I just don't like stuff on the big screen unless it's Tim Burton.


And I'm glad to say I've started drawing again, slowly, but at least I am holding the pen again. When I get back, I'll probably search for more films to watch. I want to start creating my own girls.

One last thing, I can't believe it's my birthday next month. It just suddenly hit me today when I looked at the calendar to see June is already ending. Last year's plan to spend my birthday in Japan didn't go too well and probably was the worst birthday ever because I was stuck in Singapore alone, while the family was in Hokkaido. I was only in Tokyo the day after my birthday which is really missing the whole point but that trip was still really enjoyable with the baby sis.

I'm not expecting anything much for this year. All I want is for my black cat to wish me a happy birthday. Simple birthday wish, no? I miss talking to him but I just can't get back my feelings I had for him just a few months ago. It's more like I'm missing his friend with the crazy hair. I'm still angry at him but I miss him.

Okay enough of my emotions! I am going to stuff my face with spicy Thai food, go rock-climbing and Phi Phi island, hunt for some temples and hopefully get drunk dancing to #1Nite with the little sis in the hotel room.

See you in a few days! x

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you doing your art again. I am really looking forward to your latest work. I also think it would be nice to see you draw up original girls you come up with :]

    As for your birthday...omfgg I wish I had know sooner D: I hope you have a pleasant birthday, and I wish I could spend it with you ;__; I swear, I will always curse the distance between us lol. I hope your black cat wishes you a happy birthday as well as the crazy hair guy.

    Have fun on your trip to Thailand, though i am like you and dislike the sun and tropical weather lol.

    ReplyDelete