Tuesday 5 June 2012

011. iv


23rd May - 31st May 2012 ;

I can't believe I've been to Tokyo four times already. I will always love Tokyo for shopping, food, concerts and  maybe almost everything except for it's culture. During this trip, I've learned somewhat about the culture in Japan and I really don't like it.




So it was my first time taking a budget airline to anywhere (I only paid $390 SGD, $300 USD), and surprisingly, the experience was better than expected. Other than the fact that you have to buy food, entertainment and blankets on the plane (which I didn't, I slept throughout) and transiting in Kuala Lumpur, it was pretty comfortable and I felt like it was just like sitting on a normal plane, there isn't much difference.


Also, you had to walk to the plane, which was a first for me and it was nice to see the plane on ground level for once.

I arrived in Tokyo at about 11 in the evening and immediately took the monorail (cheapest way to the city, it's only 480 yen) to Hamamatsucho Station to get to my hotel. Checked in, and completely knocked out right after a bubble bath.

24th May 2012, Thursday :

I was amazed to find that there was wifi in the hotel, no, I don't mean the plug for your laptop in the hotel room, like literally wifi I could use on my phone. Of all the times I've been to Tokyo, I feel like I'm always cut off from everything because there's never wifi around Japan. So I'm lucky that they have it this time round because I really needed it since I was alone.

Had breakfast at the hotel, I love Japanese breakfast and headed to Ikebukuro around noon. 

One of the reasons why I wanted to go to Ikebukuro was because I found out there was an Alice in Wonderland exhibition via Instagram in Seibu. I had a hard time finding the exhibition and literally walked around the seventh floor in circles.

And after walking in circles for about half an hour, I finally found it!


It was really cute and most of the art work were really detailed, unfortunately, it was TOO cutesy for me so I didn't buy anything in the end. After spending about a good half hour looking at these little creations, I slowly went to each floor of Seibu to check out what they have there. I've been to Ikebukuro a couple of times but never to Seibu, little sis and I always head right for Sunshine City everytime we are in Ikebukuro.

Luckily I did walk around, on the third floor, they sold tons of cute accessories and bags and to my delight, there was this little shop called Q pot that sells really really cute accessories. Like pudding, jelly and dessert rings, necklaces and stuff like that. I spazzed over the tooth ear rings, rings and necklaces they had. I am obsessed with teeth, so I got myself a silver tooth earring. 

The sales assistant was really cute too, she was wearing an Alice outfit with her hair and makeup all done nicely. One of the many reasons why I love Japan is because of the way everyone dresses. In Singapore, it's just an eye sore.


I went to a book store right after shopping and bought this magazine just because a Moomin bag comes along with it and got lost at the basement of Seibu. After about an hour of search, I finally found the exit and crossed over and headed to Sunshine City. 

There was nothing interesting so I just headed to the Ghibli Shop to get some stuff and than, there was a corner of the shop that sold Moomin merchandise and I died inside. Instead of getting more Ghibli stuff (I have a lot already by the way), I got Moomin stuff instead. It's impossible to find Moomin stuff back here and even in Japan, it's kind of rare. 

Being happy from all the new Moomin merchandise, I crossed over again from Sunshine City to Otome Road to look at some anime. I promised little sis to get her the Fairy Tail Box Set so that was the first thing I bought at Animate. There's also a Butler Cafe on the same road but I'm too embarrassed to even walk into that cafe.

So I slowly made my way back to the hotel and went to Shibuya in the evening. 

The first place I always go to when I am in Shibuya is Tower Records. I just love being sandwiched between so much J-rock, Visual Kei and J-indie. Obviously, there's no where else in the world where I am going to find that much Japanese music. I bought 9Goats' Tanatos album and lynch.'s Mirrors single, since they still had the first print with the dvd available, I am obsessed with Mirrors PV. And I always like to laugh at Tower Records' slogan. No Music, No Life!


I stumbled upon the Marilyn Manson display at the International Music section. I always loved these displays too. The CD shops in Singapore are so pathetic compared to Tower Records. Yes, I just like to bash everything about Singapore every chance I get.

Walked down to Tsutaya to get Starbucks but that Starbucks is always too crowded and the lines are always so long. Than I decided to give up on that idea and went to look at even more CDs and bought THE NOVEMBERS' To (melt into) album. They were playing Kyary's new song, it's a tad annoying but at least I can tolerate her music, unlike Super Junior. I just want to punch someone everytime their song comes on.

While walking to the train station, since it was getting late, this guy that looked at Yuta, but the way taller version (sorry Yuta, you are actually really short. Haha), asked for my number. He is cute because yeah, I always found Yuta cute. But I don't speak Japanese nor do I live in Japan so no, I didn't give him my number, he was still nice asking me how's my trip and why am I alone. 

During this trip though, there were tons of cute guys in Shibuya, I don't remember the last few times when I was in Tokyo there were this many cute guys around. Of course I was happy, I still like looking at guys afterall.

25th May 2012, Friday :

I planned to go back to Shibuya to watch 12012 and Mejibray or at least attend Sadie's event in ZEALLINK, but I felt too sick and tired to move about so I just stayed in on that day. I only came out at night and went to Tokyo Tower and had crepe for dinner.


There's always something comforting about Tokyo Tower. Maybe it's because I see it everytime I'm in Tokyo. My hotel room always faces Tokyo Tower and I always stare at it before I go to bed every night.

26th May 2012, Saturday :

I made my way down to Harajuku at noon and it was crazy packed, crowded. Still, I managed to squeeze my way through the crowd to Kiddyland. I really thank the guys for bringing me there the last time, the first two times I was in Tokyo I was devastated that I couldn't find Kiddyland, but how could I, it's hidden right in some small alley way. 

I bought a bunch of Rilakkuma stuff for friends and family. Baby sister begged me to get the Hot Cakes flavoured kit kat, which I did. I'm not a fan of Rilakkuma by the way. After that, I slowly walked down to La Foret, it's my favorite place in the whole of Harajuku. 

It's about 5.5 stories high and the floors are a little weirdly, erm, floored. You have B2, B1.5, B1, Level 1, Level 1.5 and so on. My favorite shops are Monomania, Like an Edison and Wall. Monomania is a clothing line, the accessories are gorgeous and really affordable. I got a earring for myself, and bracelet and necklace for little sis. At Wall though, the accessories are even more gorgeous but the prices are really crazy because it's street designer goods.

I got an Alice Black rabbit skull ring and a bone bracelet, which cost me at about $700 SGD just for those two. I don't really care because I'm a big fan of Alice Black and I won't be going back to Japan anytime soon, so I thought to just get it while I still can. 

Like an Edison is a Visual Kei shop, I also thank the guys for bringing me there the last time. Actually, they brought me to La Foret, I wouldn't have known of this place without them too. Last time, I spazzed over the big DIR EN GREY posters while they were too busy looking at the AYABIE posters. But this time I spazzed over the big DEATHGAZE poster and the fact they were playing Exist Trace on the tv.


Seriously the packaging for DEATHGAZE's Creature was so pretty, it was metallic red and silver, they had two versions, I was so tempted to buy but their music, I feel that I would only obsess for a little while and forget about it later on, so in the end, I decided not to spend money on them.

After that, I crossed over to the new shopping mall opposite La Foret. There wasn't much there and it was so so so crowded so I decided to take a break and sit down and reply tons of messages on my phone. Surprisingly, Taiyo flooded my inbox and was asking me how was my trip and stuff like that. I really do appreciate my PZ boys but in future, they should tell me they're busy and they can't meet instead of just keeping quiet, I can understand if their schedule is too packed. Boys will be boys.

After that, I walked to the back alleys of Harajuku to find Candy Stripper, Nadia and Tokyo Bopper Boutique. There wasn't much stuff at Candy Stripper, it was too cutesy and at Nadia, it was too feminine and I got lost half way walking at the back alleys and ended up in a park. I'm thankful I got lost though, because at the park, there were tons of  "Harajuku" kids. You know, those you see in magazines with the crazy fashion and crazy colored hair? Yup, they were all hiding there, smoking and just hanging out. 

I felt a little too out of place and I still couldn't find Tokyo Bopper Boutique so I texted Taiyo again to ask for directions (everyone in PZ says he knows Harajuku too well). I thought he would take forever to reply since he is in the studio, but he replied really fast. So yup, I found the boutique following his directions and I still didn't buy shoes in the end because all of it look somewhat similar to the ones I already have.

After that, I walked straight up to Takeshita Gate, I wanted to look at things but it was really really really too crowded so I decided to head back to the hotel and go somewhere for dinner. 

But back at the hotel, I got into a huge fight with Shinpei and completely lost my mood to head out again so I spent my evening sitting at the hotel lobby talking to Mad via Whatsapp.

27th May 2012, Sunday :

I spent the entire day at Odaiba! I really love Odaiba, it's one of my favorite places in Tokyo other than Ghibli Museum (which sadly I couldn't go this time because the tickets were sold out till June but it's alright, I've been there 3 times already). I had Ramen and Gyoza for breakfast. I love the spicy Ramen at this little shop near Aquacity, it's pretty famous.


And the best thing? It's right next to a Cat Cafe. I've been to the Cat Cafe the last time I was in Tokyo but I went in again anyway to look at the cats. It's kind of pathetic because I am allergic, I have to look at the cats through a window. An Amercian Shorthair was just sitting next to the window so I was just looking at her the entire time.

Than, I made my way to Aquacity and Decks but they had nothing much there, so I walked all the way to Zepp Tokyo, Diver City and it was even more packed and crowded. It was my first time in Diver City so I just walked around aimlessly and somehow, I exited at the back of the shopping mall and finally found the gigantic Gundam figure that little sis and I were trying so hard to find all 3 times we were in Tokyo.


There were so many people taking pictures of this gigantic statue. On top of that, there's a Gundam Cafe behind this statue but I didn't go in because I didn't want to squeeze through more people. So I slowly walked to Venus Fort. 

Venus Fort is my favorite place in Odaiba. It's so pretty, plus Strange Love is there. I love love love the stuff they sell in Strange Love, the only problem is always locating the store because it's so hidden. I literally walked for about an hour before finding Strange Love. And the sad part is you can't take photos in Strange Love because the things there are really old and fragile. I really love looking at the dead animals in jars, skeletons of bats, snakes and whatnot and creepy old photographs of people way back in the 1700s, really cool shop.


I spent a good two hours in Venus Fort and on my way out, I realized there was a car race and cosplay convention going on. That explains the crowd.  It was pretty interesting, I stood near the tracks to see the cars drive by, I've never seen anything like it. Plus, on top of that I was standing next to some cosplayers, ultimately, you know you are in Japan.

I walked back to Diver City on the bridge that was connecting Venus Fort to it. So many people were with their dogs and it was really cute because they dressed them all up. I didn't take photos sadly, because my phone battery was dying. 

Walking pass the Gundam statue again and there was where I heard so many screaming girls so I went to look and 2PM was there. I wish it was Big Bang. I still don't like Kpop okay. Only Big Bang. I went to walk around Diver City despite the crowd before hiding back to the hotel. There wasn't much things that interest me over there.

I took the train back to Shimbashi Station from Odaiba and got lost once again. I took another half an hour trying to find the Asakusa line back to Daimon Station. I'm actually getting used to being lost in Tokyo already and it doesn't scare me that much even though I can't speak Japanese. Hahaha.

28th May 2012, Monday :

The first thing I did when I woke up was reply the emails that Shinpei had left me. He's much sweeter after that long email I sent him about our relationship in general. At that moment, I just didn't care much anymore about the guys. It just got tiring to keep talking to them. 

I went to Harajuku again to finish up my shopping because it was half done on Saturday. Harajuku's crowd on Monday is only 1/4 of Saturday's, so thank god, I managed to get everything done on Monday. I finally got little sis the flask she has been wanting, on top of that, I bought some socks, leggings, tights and some cute badges. 

After Harajuku, I headed to Shibuya for parfait at Silkream, it's a Dolci Cafe just opposite of Tower Records. Raine brought me there the last time and it's insanely good. 



This is ultimate heaven. It's parfait covered with strawberries and waffle biscuits, whipped cream and the bottom of it, there's cocoa pops with a little bit of strawberry syrup. My insides were tingling when I ate this, plus I ordered pink rose tea along with it. Heaven.

The skies started to get dark, so I decided to head back to the hotel for a bit, I didn't want to get caught under the rain and I don't have an umbrella.

In the evening, I made my way down to Akihabara to finish anime shopping as well. But there wasn't much to buy since I'm not that into anime anymore. On top of it, the only anime I would buy is Fairy Tail but their merchandise are all  "coming soon". Still, I slowly walked down the whole stretch of Akihabara.

I really love all the dolls they sell, the last time I took the picture of Hide, I really really love those dolls but they're so pricey. I ended up buying just a Gloomy pouch and flask. Bought a bento set and went back to the hotel at about almost 8 in the evening and someone surprised me at the hotel.

I don't know how he found the time to get me a present or even find time to come and see me just for 30 minutes but I was really happy he did. I thought out of all five of the boys, he's the busiest, which he is, but I was really touched that he found just a little bit of time for me. The only thing I didn't really like is that we didn't talk about anything much and I just felt like it was like a little off...

" Ah... I can't find big one so I got the small one."

I don't care which one you get, I'm already happy. To be honest, I was really angry at him but it's hard to stay angry at him when he sends you text messages every morning to ask " Is everything alright?" and even giving me this. But one thing is for certain is that, I don't like him as much as I used to. Even with him being all sweet, I just don't.

29th May 2012, Tuesday : 

There wasn't much left to see or do in Tokyo unless I go to Disneyland but I don't want to go alone, it's kinda sad, don't you think? So I decided to go to Tokyo Dome City just to go to the Moomin Cafe. 

It was relatively easy to go. I thought it would be difficult but I just had to change train at Akihabara for the yellow line to get to Suidobashi Station and from there, there are directions all over the place. Tokyo Dome is really huge, I wish I could have gone there for a GazettE concert. Tokyo Dome City is a theme park, they had a lot of rides but obviously, I can't be bothered to get on any.

I walked around the shopping mall for a bit and there was nothing, so I just decided to get into the Moomin Cafe and just go wherever I felt like going after that.

The Moomin Cafe was really cute! They had gigantic Moomin stuffed toys at every table, the whole cafe was filled with Moomin paintings, figurines and even the tables had Moomins on them. 


I was sitting at a corner and I just observed everything. It's so cute. I wish there were character themed restaurants here but like I said, here sucks. I got scared from having western food in Japan, because the last time I went to the Alice in Wonderland Restaurant, I had a fever and food poisoning the next day so I just decided to stick to desserts.
All the tables are different but this one is cute enough for me.
And I still think it's cute that they put him next to me because I was alone!
Basically, I don't know what I ordered, I just pointed at whatever that looks good.
After taking forever to finish my ice cream, which was good, I went to the Moomin Bakery just next to the Cafe. The bread weren't cute, I thought they might have Moomin shaped bread but they didn't. I just ended up looking at all the merchandise they had there. I bought a Moomin house, postcard and cookie cutters so little sis can bake Moomin cookies for me. Hahaha.

This couple was outside the cafe.
I had no idea what to do after Moomin Cafe, so I just walked around aimleessly around the area, and ended up looking at all the roller coasters. Which, all of them looked like you could die riding.


I never took any pictures of train stations and it was pretty empty that day, so I just decided to take while I was waiting for the train back to Akihabara, at Suidobashi Station. 

While thinking of the next place to go when I arrived at Hamamatsucho, Shinpei mailed me to tell me he had some free time just before heading into the studio and asked if I still wanted to meet. So I met him at Hamamatsucho Station about two hours later and spent the rest of my afternoon and evening with him.

I already said this in my previous entry, we went to Zojoji Temple and Starbucks. 

These are the statues I was talking about in the previous post, this picture was taken back in February though, they have changed clothes and don't have the wind mills next to them anymore. I didn't take a picture that day but Shinpei did and I don't know if he has posted the pictures online yet, but I doubt so.
Even though Sho is sweet and gave me presents, I just feel much closer to Shinpei. I guess it's because we actually talked about our life, problems and stress. He even told me about his schedule everyday and he seems annoyed with all the band stuff that is going on at the moment. The thing to do with the fans, I guess. PLASTICZOOMS is becoming more "famous"  and I guess it's harder to have private time. And please, whatever I write about PZ here, do not repost. I have to stress this. 

Shinpei did explain to me about the entertainment industry in Japan and it's hardly that musicians share their private life with their fans or the world. I really did enjoy my time with him, it was fun and nice at the same time.

Something in me just wants to spend more time with him and let our relationship grow. No, I don't mean it in a romantic way, he's a really good friend and if things happen, they happen. I just want to keep him in my life. It's weird because we fight all the time but I guess that's the only way people understand each other better. I just wish his fans weren't that crazy. It really stresses him out.

I still think he is cute this time round.

After he left, I went to buy dinner and had an early night because I needed to pack my luggage.

30th May 2012, Wednesday :

Checked out of the hotel at noon and made my way down to Shibuya once again, because I haven't walked the whole of Shibuya, thanks to the weather conditions on Monday. I spent the entire afternoon there, trying to do some last minute shopping but only ended up buying a Cat shaped bag from Tsumori Chisato, which I am super in love with it now.

Went to Silkream once again for parfait and this time I ordered wrongly, so I had two parfaits to finish. 

Well, this isn't really parfait but it's still ice-cream, you had to  eat half of it  than add soda in and it becomes a drink!
After having quite a hard time swallowing all that ice cream, I made my way back to the hotel than walked from the hotel to Roppongi Hills because I wanted to go to the One Piece Exhibition at Mori Arts Centre.

Even not being a fan of One Piece (I've never read or ever watched the series), I was really impressed with the exhibition. The installation art work was mind blowing and they had life size figures of the ship Luffy and his crew always use and life sized sculptures of some of the characters were really realistic.

There was a never ending amount of paintings, manga drawings and character sketches to see. I don't really count anime as art but sometimes, I do like to use it for inspiration because of the pretty colors and how crazy some of the ideas really are. 

Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take photos instead. It's always the case in Japan. 


They also sold tons of merch at the end of the exhibition which I wasn't really interested in. Actually, the entire time I was at the exhibition, I was kind of lying to myself that it's a Fairy Tail exhibition because the drawing style is somewhat similar and some characters really do look like each other. Like how Natsu looks like Luffy and how Luffy's "father" figure looks like Gildarts.

After the exhibition, I wanted to kill some more time, so I walked around Roppongi Hills and went to another Cat Cafe and found this precious angel.

I wish I could buy her.
Ended up in a Tsutaya looking at art books and later on going to a supermarket to get a bento set to eat on the plane. Took a slow walk back to the hotel and looking at Tokyo Tower once last time before I got on the shuttle bus to the train station.

Overall, this Tokyo trip was quite an enjoyable one even though I was alone. But if I have to compare it to the February one, of course I'll choose the February one over this. 

I don't think I will be going back to Japan very soon. I always go back twice a year for shopping but I'm getting quite sick of visiting Tokyo so maybe I would drop by other parts but still, I want to travel to new places so maybe, really a year or two from now than I'll see Tokyo again.

So far, little sis and I are planning to go to Krabi, Thailand by the end of this month because the immigrations only gave me a month's visa this time. Than probably going to Jakarta and Bali, Indonesia in August to visit and celebrate dad's birthday. We're still in the midst of discussing about the year end's plans of going to Sweden, Finland and Norway. I hope it happens, I really want to go to somewhere new and faraway.

Till we meet again, Tokyo.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this post ><
    but your trip in Tokyo sounded nice.
    The last photo of the cat was adorable :3
    and all the desserts you got looked delicious ^-^
    I am so bummed you got so sick last time you ate American food in Japan D: it makes me kind nervous to try any food like that as well lol.

    I know what you mean about wanting to go far away and new. I hope you get to :]

    ReplyDelete