Tuesday 8 May 2012

004. when dad returns

Every time when my dad returns for a few days, just in that short time spent, I will never fail to put on some weight. I love the fact that I do get to eat properly (and luxuriously) again, but losing the weight is such a pain in the ass.

Each time he's back, it is always kind of the same routine, but I wouldn't have it any other way. The best way to spend time with him is through having good food and wine. He'll always bring us to some fancy restaurant everyday and if we ask, one of those days he'll cook something nice for us (meaning it's still restaurant quality because he's a chef and a damn good one at that).

This time, little sis and I begged him to cook for us since we were getting sick of having "outside" food, we really love home-cooked meals, comfort food. He cooked squid ink pasta, along with some of his "famous" garlic bread and on Sunday, he cooked fried rice with soup and chinese sausage omelet.

On Saturday, we went out for sushi because he needed to discuss some business plans with the restaurant owner, and after dinner we went to Oriole Cafe & Bar for some good coffee because he is obsessed with the coffee there.

Little sis and Dad being cute ^^
And there was where he surprised me when Bruno Mars' Lazy Song started playing, he freakin' knew the dance moves (you know the exact same one in the music video with all the Gorilla heads?), yeah, he danced to it and when they played Grenade, he asked me " this is the one where he is pulling the piano in the rain right?" Oh my god, I was laughing at him so hard for knowing these redundant things and I hate Bruno Mars by the way, but I think my dad made me hate him a little less.

I was also pleasantly surprised that he watched the whole L'Arc~en~Ciel video that I recorded last week. Normally he doesn't really want to see it or thinks its rubbish but he actually said Hyde sounds good live. I get confused with him sometimes. 

He's left back to Jakarta this morning and the next time I'm going to get to see him is probably in August when little sis and I head up there than to Bali, where we will celebrate his birthday. I can't wait for that!

Also, here is one of the silly things my sister and I love to do :



2 comments:

  1. Lol omg your dad sounds adorable xD
    OMFG I love the black dresses! Are you guys at H&M??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, he is :D
      I didn't buy it in the end because I didn't really like it on me! Nope, we were at Zara!

      Delete