Friday 4 May 2012

003. 9goats ; the novembers


9 Goats Black Out and THE NOVEMBERS have been on repeat for weeks and I'm still not sick of them, yet. I'm really in love with their albums, Tanatos and To (melt into). I love falling asleep to them, they provide the same warmth and comfort my other lullaby bands do.

Plus their album art work is really pretty.

My other lullaby bands include carefully picked tracks from Plastic Tree and Copeland, As Tall As Lions's Self Titled album and Death Cab For Cutie's Transatlanticism.


My favorite tracks on Tanatos is Heaven and 宛名のない手紙, and on To (melt into) is 瓦礫の上で. 
I realize I fall asleep to those songs most of the time, I guess those tracks have this weird ability to calm me down right before I drift into my dreams.

I'm also in love with the way some photographs capture them. They are really stunning and it gives you this dreamy feeling. Especially for 9Goats. I'm more obsessed over THE NOVEMBERS's hairstyles.

I know it is kind of strange but whenever I start to draw, I always pick out people with interesting hairstyles and will spend hours and hours drawing all the little details and fine lines, the messier, weirder and longer their hair is, the better for me because I like to draw out all the lines, curves and shades. As much as I find it challenging, that's actually when I'm having the most fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment