Thursday 3 May 2012

002. twenty twelve thus far

2012 has been really good to me so far and I feel like with all the good things happening, I haven't really taken a moment to sit down and think about things, let alone write about them. I feel like everything is moving a little too fast and sometimes I wish time would just stand still, especially during those special moments when I'm with  the people who I truly care about.


Since February, I've been busy travelling. The beginning of that month I was in Tokyo and by the end of it, I was in Melbourne. I couldn't ask for anything more because those are the countries I love the most and also, I went there to meet amazing people and attend gigs. 


In Tokyo, I finally met up with PLASTICZOOMS, after talking to them for quite a while on twitter. They're a nice bunch, as far as nice people go. I honestly can tell you that I got a culture shock when I attended their "Starbow" Release tour gig on 5th Feb in Shibuya. Well, I'm really used to going to concerts, small shows, gigs whatever you call them but never in Japan. So it's a whole new experience and world to me again. What's more, I was alone. So you can only imagine my feelings and uncertainty about everything.




But like I said, the guys are nice. They brought me around and we went shopping in Harajuku whilst I was in Tokyo. Also, giving me presents. Well, actually that is Sho but I was really surprised until now that he did. Mmm, and Shinpei sending me their singles and album when I'm back here in Singapore. We've been talking a lot more ever since I got back and I like how everything's been going with them. 

By the end of this month, I'll be visiting them again, so I hope everything goes well because I will be entirely alone on the coming trip.

We went back to Melbourne for yet another Soundwave because the line-up was stellar and also to settle some lodging and college stuff. Also, I was most excited to see my favorite person, Gabe. I haven't seen him for two years and I always want to see him when I get the chance.

I thought my feelings towards Melbourne changed because over the last two years that I haven't been back, I feel like I've changed drastically in interest and in everything after breakups with so many people. But no, everything proved me wrong.

I regained my interest in general rock music once more, I felt like I still belonged there, everything there just seemed perfect for me. Parties, concerts, art, food... everything. Even with the great change in interests, I feel like I would manage with it somehow when I officially move back next year.


It was so nice seeing Gabe again. He's still my favorite person ever. Thanks for embarrassing me during Cobra's set at Soundwave. I still love Gabe, no less.

I don't know when I will stop loving Cobra Starship because it has been a long 5 years and I just found an old video of us chatting away in 2007. Nostalgia!!! I literally grew up with them and am so proud of them for being this big now. So, so proud.

With all this said, I can't wait to move back to Melbourne for good and start life afresh again. 

Also, for the past few months, I've been lucky enough to attend gigs every single month. 

February ; PLASTICZOOMS
March ; Soundwave 2012 ; The Cab
April ; L'Arc~en~Ciel

I was lucky enough to attend L'Arc~en~Ciel's 20th L'Anniversary, literally my first ever jrock concert. Thanks to my uncle for getting us tickets and good seats. Little sis and I couldn't get over the fact how different it is from a "normal" rock concert. The prettiness of it, the way the band performs, everything. Especially the fans. I don't know which I hate more otakus screaming "HYDE-CHANNNNNNN!" or wannabes at rock concerts.  

Their show lasted for about 2 hours if I'm not mistaken. We left early because we wanted to get ice-cream but ended up having Starbucks.

Other than concerts, I'm really happy with where my art is heading even though I haven't drawn anything for a while now since I'm running really low on inspiration. Recently, I found out one of my favorite models, Kiko Mizuhara, used my artwork as her profile picture on instagram. I was ecstatic when I found out and I tried to "contact" her for a while but it didn't seem to work. So I just decided to tweet her one day and she replied! 


I was really happy that day.

So it seems 2012 has been really kind to me so far and I can't believe it's already May. I am thankful for everything, especially all the amazing people I got to meet this year, whether it's through internet or just randomly bumping into people, I am thankful that some of them are a part of my life now. If I told myself last year I'll be this happy, I'll never believe it since I was really really down last year. 

The only thing about this year is that, I'm on my own most of the time. Although it can get lonely sometimes, I am actually enjoying it. I feel like all these things wouldn't have happened either if I was with people. So it benefits I guess. 

Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself" will be my anthem for this year. 





3 comments:

  1. I;m glad this year is great for you so far :D
    I love reading about your life because it's way more interesting than mine haha. I wish I could have gone to the L'Arc~en~Ciel concert in the U.S. but it was in New York D:

    Being alone tends to be when the most interesting things happen^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! But I don't think my life is that interesting! :|

      I know! It's weird but wonderful at the same time.

      Delete
    2. D: Your life is so interesting that you can't even tell it's interesting, that's how awesome it is :D lol

      Delete