Monday 6 February 2017

332. sightseer ii, kyoto

December 30th, 2016

The last day in Kyoto proved to be much better than the first and the both of us were so relieved. We checked out of the Airbnb apartment, had breakfast at Komeda's and left our luggage in the lockers at the station and made our way to Fushimi Inari Taisha.

It was crowded by the time we got to Fushimi Inari but the weather was so nice that day. Clear blue skies. The last time I visited Fushimi Inari was also in 2014 but I was alone, definitely much better visiting with company.

The one thing I really love about Fushimi Inari are the many fox statues. Foxes are thought to be Inari's messengers, that's why there are so many fox statues around.




It was crowded while we were walking through the torii gates but it didn't bother us that much. We walked quite far up and there were fox shrines. The clear blue skies definitely did help in making pretty photos. 


After we were done exploring Fushimi Inari, we took the train to Shijo Station again. 


We made our way to the Bengal Cat Cafe. I know I was just there the month before but CATS? CATS. CATS?! Anytime I can hang out with cats makes me a very happy person. We were lucky because many cats came to us. I ended up having two cats sitting on me again.


We also decided to visit the Owl Cafe because it was just above the cat cafe. This owl cafe was much better than the one I visited in Kichijoji, it didn't smell and there were more owls of different kinds. The lighting of the cafe also was perfect for photos.

This guy looks like he is high.

I did photograph more owls but I'm too lazy to edit all of them and post it up here. We spent about half an hour at the owl cafe. After that, we went to a restaurant nearby for dinner before getting on the train back to Tokyo.

----------------------------

I've been to Kyoto probably too many times to enjoy it as much, so I don't think I will be visiting Kyoto again soon unless there is a show. I still want to check out some cafes and places in Kyoto but that can wait. 

Even though I really do enjoy travelling on my own, lately I'm starting to not like it as much. I have been travelling a lot on my own over the last couple of years, sometimes it gets so tiring to do things alone. I miss exploring with my little sis a lot because she's always the person I have the most fun with. Even though she is busy with work now, I hope we can find time to travel together again.

I think it is pretty normal to feel this way. I do like being on my own a lot but like anyone else, not for too long. I'm pretty excited about my upcoming road trip around Aichi and Shiga in March. I can't wait to travel more this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment