Saturday 28 January 2017

328. light is a place, nagoya

December 26th/27th, 2016

Yuri came out to Tokyo on boxing day. We were going on a short trip to Nagoya, Nara and Kyoto so we figured it'll be good she came over the day earlier because we were going to set out to Nagoya early the next day.

We set out at about 11 am the next day to Nagoya, I was just in Nagoya the month before so I wasn't too excited but I was excited to go to Nabana No Sato again after three years. We arrived in Nagoya at about 2 in the afternoon, dumped our tiny luggage at the Airbnb apartment and went out for late lunch.

We made our way to Sakae and went to a cafe Yuri's friend recommended. Even though we have been to Nagoya a couple of times together, we've never really explored Nagoya because we always end up hanging out with our friends too late, so we get up only when it's dark.

We finally got to see Nagoya a little more this time. I really liked the cafe, Maison YWE her friend recommended. I'll definitely be going there again since I'll be heading to Nagoya more often from now on. I'm pretty excited to go cafe hunting over there too.

Finally a picture of Sakae in the day!
yes we eat done by Chalkboy!
We both ordered the Aichi special. 

The cafe also had some good desserts and coffee. There was also a little clothing boutique just downstairs and a few clothing stores around the area. Also, a Village Vanguard next to the cafe. We chilled a bit before heading to Oasis 21.

It was really windy and cold up there, so we didn't want to stay for too long. We just took photos and left for Nabana No Sato.

*Nabana No Sato* after cut >>



It took about an hour to get to Nabana No Sato. I felt really nostalgic by just being there, the person I was at that time was so different. I wanted different things and I wanted to be with someone else. So much have changed since then. I mean, it is 3 years after all. 

Nothing much have changed except the theme of the light show. I preferred the one in 2013, it was Mount Fuji-themed. This time, it was African (?) - themed. It wasn't that impressive. There are two light tunnels, so the first one didn't change at all but the second one change colours now, which made it really pretty.

We didn't do much but take photos and stuff our faces with food. It took longer than expected to get back to Nagoya and it was soooooo windy when we got back. We had a hard time getting back to the apartment because we were fighting the wind, trying not to get blown away.


-----------------------

Looking at the old photos from 2013 about Nabana No Sato really blows my mind. Even though I am much happier and am where I want to be in life right now or at least on my way there, I also miss the person I was. The feelings I felt, that moment in time I know I will never be able to feel again. 

My life has just taken such an unexpected turn now, I still don't know how I feel about it. I feel a little scared but excited at the same time. 

I don't know if I will visit Nabana No Sato again, but what I do know is that someone already wants to go with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment