Friday 20 January 2017

325. the plague doctor

December 19th, 2016

I was lucky enough to get my last tattoo for the year by Greem. I met her back in October while I was getting tattoos from Hugo when both of them were invited to be guest artists at Traditions Tattoo Collective in Singapore. I decided to get a tattoo from her this time because I really liked her vibe when I met her and the longer I look at her work on Instagram, the more I became a fan.

I made my way to Heavyweight Tattoo Studio which is located in Nakano at noon since my appointment was at 1. I bumped into Hugo and Greem on the way to the studio and talked to them for a little bit before going into the studio. Both of them were surprised to see me again and Hugo asked about the tattoos he did if they have healed nicely and all that. It was actually really nice to see the both of them again.

It didn't take too long for Greem to set up her stuff and started tattooing me. This time, because of the placement of my tattoo, it really did hurt a lot. Also, I think I bled more than usual because of how much I drink in Japan (almost every day actually, haha). It took about just an hour and 30 minutes to get it done.

I decided to get a plague doctor from her because I thought her style really suited what I envisioned in my mind. Normally, I will get two tattoos from an artist but this time, I couldn't think of anything to match my plague doctor just yet, and also since I have been getting tattoos as of late, I haven't saved up enough to get yet another one.


The more I look at this piece, the more I like it. I put in a lot of thought into my tattoos so I'm happy with how this one turned out. I talked to her for a little bit before leaving the studio and decided to take a photo with her and Hugo since it was our second time meeting. (I normally don't take photos with people). I really like both of their vibes. It's important to me that I don't get tattoos from assholes.


Actually, I think I might see the both of them this year because they're going to guest spot again in Singapore. I plan to get another one from Greem on my other arm to match my plague doctor. Meeting artists always make me happy. Also seriously, I crush on girls harder than guys *__* 

After my tattoo, I went to walk around Aoyama and chilled for a bit before heading home. My December was really quite chaotic and if I remember correctly, this was one of the rare days that I actually had time to myself. 

I really enjoy spending time on my own, so days like this are important to me. I can't wait to collect more tattoos this year too. I plan to go to Korea towards the later part of the year to get them. There are a couple of tattoo artists I really admire in Korea right now and if I save up enough, I hope I can get my tattoos by this year or next. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment