Friday 6 January 2017

323. twenty-seventeen

The last couple of weeks has been overwhelming.

And here we are, already in 2017. I plan to finish up my posts fo 2016 because there are so many things I still want to write about, I think I will take a while because I'm going to be busy again for the next couple of weeks. So now, I just want to reflect on 2016.

Reading back on my resolutions for 2016, I'm actually proud that I managed to accomplish them all.

Travel.
I managed to visit new places in Japan in 2016. I got to go to Hyogo, Fukuoka and Nara and also visit Osaka, Kyoto and Nagoya again. I wanted to visit a new country and was lucky to travel to Taiwan with my family at the beginning of the year. I definitely want to go to Taiwan again. I even got to go back home to Melbourne to celebrate my birthday.

Drawing/Art.
I pushed myself a lot this year to break out of my usual style. Even though I really love my girls, I just needed to do something different. I'm really happy with the outcome and even started my own clothing line. I plan to give my clothing line 100% in 2017. I do miss my girls a lot so I will draw them from time to time.

Tattoos.
I managed to get not one, not two not three but four new tattoos in 2016. I'm really happy with all of them and glad to have met the tattoo artists. Meeting artists always inspire me and give me an extra push I need.

Practice Japanese More.
Even though I am still not as fluent as I wish I am, I'm pretty satisfied with how much I have improved. I can hang out with friends now without having awkward silences because I can just have a normal conversation. Also, I'm so happy I can finally talk to friends who I couldn't in the past. *pats self on back*

Learn New Recipes.
I'm always cooking at home so it's natural for me to want to cook something different from time to time.  I can make spaghetti, chicken cream pasta, beef stroganoff and spinach pasta now. I can also cook kimchi stir fry beef which is actually my favourite when I get bored of Japanese food.

There were so many ups and downs for me in 2016.

I learned a lot about life and about myself.

I learned to not take everything so personally and to expect the unexpected.

Even though I have been really productive and my work is heading in the right direction, my personal life has taken a toll. I've felt it for months now that my relationship with H was going to end. Even if we still love each other, sometimes, love is just not enough. We want different things in a relationship, so we decided to go our separate ways. Even though we are not together anymore, one of my happiest memories is still with him.

At that moment, when he held my hand while I was watching my favourite band and to see him smiling back at me, made me realise how much he loved me and that love does exist. I have been jaded for so long, I didn't believe that I could feel that happy ever again. So, really, thank you. Even though, we can't be together anymore, just know that a part of me will always love you.

My relationship with H was one I thought I always wanted but we both have changed so much from when we first met that it was impossible to continue to be together. I guess that's just life. People change, feelings change. The only thing that is constant in life is change. And maybe that's what we both need right now.

Until recently, I learnt that I always underestimate myself. With work, with the way I look, everything. I guess it is good to know that I'm not an obnoxious over-confident bitch but I really shouldn't beat myself down too much. I have a bad habit of doing that. I thank my friends for always believing in me and remind me that I'm not as bad as I think I am.

I thank everyone who has stuck by me in 2016, truly.

I have no resolutions for 2017 honestly because my mind is still all over the place. And I think I actually intended to write more but my mind just... Maybe I would write a resolution list when I'm more settled down. All I know is that I want to work really hard this year and feel proud of myself. Till the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment