Wednesday 19 October 2016

313. happiness is...

So, I'm already back in Tokyo and it feels a little strange to be back in my own apartment but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I think I just haven't been away from Tokyo for such a long time for the last three years, so I feel this way. Last week was such an eventful week, I still somehow am thinking about it.

On Friday, I made my way down to Red Dot Museum and met up with artist Sarah Thursday. I have been following her on Instagram for a while now and I use her Hallows bag really often actually. I love seeing her progress on Instagram so it was really nice to finally meet her in person. We could get along straight away and it seems like we have more in common than I thought we would have. We ended up talking for a couple of hours and having dinner together.

Meeting creative people really makes me happy because it allows me to learn from them. It also inspires me to want to create more and work towards my dreams. We exchanged contact info and I'm pretty bummed I can't go to her exhibition because I think it's a cool concept to have it at a Cat Cafe, oh well. My sister will be going on my behalf.

We exchanged stickers too, haha. (The cat is by Hugo and I was lucky enough to get the last one!)


On Sunday was Mad's big day. I have never been to a  Malay wedding before and I think this will be the only chance I get to. So little sis and I made our way down to Serangoon to attend Mad's an Din's wedding. It was a culture shock for both of us and we didn't really know what to do, so we were awkwardly standing around for a good 15 minutes before deciding to get some food.

I haven't had (good) Malay food for a long time so I was really happy eating, my favorite was the dry mee siam and rendang! Also, it was my first time seeing both Mad and Din in traditional Malay clothes, so it was pretty entertaining. I finally saw her in the late afternoon and gave her a big hug. She looked so happy that day, it made me really happy for her as well. Though Din and I have had our differences, I know that he is a good guy and definitely takes care of Mad really well. So I'm happy for the both of them.

I met up with some of my art college friends and it was a tad awkward. I ended up just talking to Sam because Sam, Mad and I used to hang out a lot together. After we graduated, it was always just me and Mad. Sam totally went MIA, but at least I got to see her again.


Honestly, I've never seen all of us so happy in one photo. I used to have depression back in college so I'm always not this happy in all our old photos. I'm just really happy for Mad!

We went home straight after their wedding because I had a flight to catch that night back to Tokyo.

I am now writing from my Tachikawa apartment and I actually can't believe I'm meeting Mad and Din tomorrow to bring them around. I think I have been talking to Mad about Japan for the last five years, so I can't wait to see both of them actually in Japan. 

Being back in Singapore for the last couple of months was really worthwhile. I don't hate it as much as I used to but I still don't see myself living there in the future. I have new projects on the way and I'm so happy with everyone's positive response. I hope my new project really takes off and by then, I think I will be really at peace with myself.

The last couple of months have done me a lot of good and searching for my own voice and I think I have finally found it. I thank everyone who has been so supportive and believing in me, I will work very hard to make everyone proud. Till then...




No comments:

Post a Comment