Sunday 23 August 2015

236. tonight, we are the dreamers

I have been feeling under the weather for the entire week and wasn't sure if I was up to go to any shows. On Friday, I decided to go to see Decays, THE BONEZ and MERRY but because I am SICK, and being absentminded lately, I forgot my ticket. Thank god, there was Plan B.

Plan B was to go to Crystal Lake's True North Project #3 with Loyal To The Grave and OTUS. Despite still feeling a little unwell, I just went ahead to Shibuya Garret. OTUS was already on stage as I walked in. They had a half hour set, and so did Loyal To The Grave. I enjoyed both bands and was glad I could see Loyal because I missed them last month.

Crystal Lake took the stage at almost 9 and played for about 45 minutes. Their set was good today because it was a long one and they played a couple of old songs and a new song. I was kind of sick seeing them play lately because it was always the same 5 songs. Seeing them today was another good pick me up. I have been feeling sick and stressed out lately. Funny enough, little sis and I came down with a fever on the exact same day.

Even though I was having a headache, I was headbanging (not vigorously) to my favorite songs. I was so glad they played Mahakala and Twisted Fate. Yudai (guitarist) crowdsurfed for their encore song, and was playing the guitar on the crowd. As always, it was nice seeing familiar faces again. I always can't handle my schoolmates after some time because even though they are nice and we get along, our minds are just wired very differently.

My headache got worse after show but at least it was worth it since I really enjoyed myself. I hung around the venue for a little bit before heading home. I went home early this time since my head was pounding.

The next time I will be seeing Crystal Lake play will be in Osaka for Bloodaxe Festival. I will be seeing Crossfaith the day after too, can't wait!


P.S. I would have recorded their new song or the old songs but my mind really wasn't functioning. I only realized I didn't record anything after they played The Fire Inside (before encore). Hopefully, I can much better over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment