Sunday 30 August 2015

238. okay, i feel better now

It's already the end of August and finally, things are getting back to normal. It's been a difficult two month of tears shed, emotional roller coasters and loved ones coming and going. I'm really relieved and glad to say that things are getting back to normal.

I am looking forward to September because I'll be going to Osaka and then back to Singapore for a little bit to check up on my mom and at the end of September, I am finally going to see lynch. again. I felt like I haven't seen them since last year because May's show was just... no. No more hall tours please.

On Monday, I went to Kichijoji to try a new cafe and I decided to go to Kichijoji more often to explore since it's on my way home from school everyday anyways. On Friday, I made my way down to Shibuya The Game after class to go check out some bands because actually I really wanted a shirt from one of the bands playing that day. Also because A Ghost of Flare was headlining and I've been wanting to see them since I came back to Tokyo.

The first band I watched was Cyclamen, they were pretty good live and I was surprised Hayato (vocalist) could do screamo like that. He's really nice and looks really mellow in person, so it was hard to imagine. I met him a couple of months ago, so it was nice to finally see his band.

Next band up was Survive Said The Prophet and like Hayato, I met some of the members a couple of months ago and earlier this month I told one of them that I'll go see them next time they play. They were good live as well and I really enjoyed their set.

The final band up was A Ghost of Flare and (obviously) I enjoyed their set the most. They opened with There's no rose without a torn and played for about half an hour. The venue was really crowded by the time the bands finished playing. I was just standing around the merch area talking to some people as I had time to kill.

It was nice talking to new people again. I waited around for Laura since it was her birthday, just wanted to give her a birthday hug and then head home. We ended up going for dinner instead. It was a nice end to the week honestly. I don't count weekends because I don't leave the house most of the time.

The next couple of weeks I think will be spent catching up on my classes (still), counting down to Autumn. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment