Friday 14 August 2015

234. a little less hate

...hating on summer. If there's one season I really can't stand, it's summer. It's too bright, too hot, too humid, too annoying, too troublesome... and the list goes on. But there are just a couple of things that lets me hate summer just a little less. Watermelon popsicles, music festivals and fireworks.

On Wednesday after class, I made my way down to Tamagawa to meet up with Laura because I wanted to play with sparklers. The nearest river was Tamagawa, so we decided to meet up there. We didn't know how to get to the river, so we got a little lost and went the long "scenic" route instead. Actually, we could have just walked straight out of the train station and it was a less than 10 minute walk to get to the river but the long walk was nice, minus climbing up slopes.


The sunset was pretty lovely that evening, we were just sitting around waiting for the sun to set. Once it got dark, we lighted up some sparklers. I bought a big pack of a variety of sparklers and a couple of tiny fireworks. I've never played with fireworks until I moved to Japan, last year was the first time. Growing up in Singapore isn't fun because they ban a ton of fireworks, fire crackers and certain sparklers. It was really fun because there were other people near the river bank lighting up some fireworks as well, so we could see a couple of different types. 


It was hard to take good photos, mine is actually a screencap of one of the many videos we took. We played around until almost 10pm and decided to have supper. On the way to the station, there was a temple, couple of cafes and restaurants but nothing really tickled our tastebuds, so we decided to go to Shibuya instead. We didn't stay too long in Shibuya either since it was already late. 

Lately, I haven't been exploring Tokyo much. I have been stressed out with stuff back home and catching up on classes. And when I have time, all I want to do is stay at home because I just want some time on my own.  I haven't even finished any painting this year and it's already the middle of August. It's been really hard to concentrate on my art this year. I've been dying to try and experiment new things but I just haven't had the time. 

There's a list of places I wrote down somewhere that I want to check out, hopefully I will in time. It's my summer holiday now, only a few days but I just really want to stay home and paint. Also, my apartment is beginning to feel more homey since I finally bought an easel and tiny shelf. I plan on decorating my place a little more, I really enjoy home decor shopping, haha. Once my place is pretty enough to me, I will definitely write an entry about why I love living in this apartment so much.

Counting down till summer is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment