Sunday 23 July 2017

341. twenty eight

For the last couple of years or maybe even more, my birthday was that one day of the year that I absolutely dreaded. I feel like, I'm always disappointed the most on my birthday so I stopped hoping. I sound so dramatic and pessimistic but the number of times I've been disappointed on this actual day really got to me. Especially spending my birthday at the hospital 2 years ago really made me believe that my birthdays were cursed.

But this year, I finally got what I have always wished for. I don't ask for much, all I want is to spend my birthday with someone I love or to see my favorite band. I got them both this year and it felt like a dream. I remember poking my boyfriend and said " you're here, you're really here! " and he just stared at me and thought I was weird and said I seem happy. Well, I was. Maybe a little too happy.

It was already decided months ago that I'll fly out to Sapporo to celebrate my birthday, so I left for Sapporo on Monday. I didn't do anything much on Monday but just eat because it was raining so heavily.

At midnight, he surprised me with a small gift and was playing the guitar in our room, singing to me while I was drinking my beer, almost drunk. From the start of 18th July, it already felt like a dream maybe I was too tired from not sleeping the night before that everything seemed a little hazy or maybe because I just couldn't believe I had everything I wanted and it was only 1 in the morning. 

We woke up early the next day to get some breakfast at a cute cafe and went to get some good coffee nearby. The coffee at Baristart Coffee was so good because of the milk. The both of us chose their specialty milk and went back to the venue.


He was worried I was bored because he had work to do that day, but I was genuinely happy just being with him. I was talking to one of his friends about introducing to me new music but it seems like we have exactly the same taste. So all the bands he was telling me, I already knew. We were also deciding the playlist for BGM, I added some Royal Blood and Northlane

The second part of my birthday only began at 7 pm, which was to see my favorite band - lynch. This time, I got to stand in the front, so I was really happy to see them play. I think I haven't been standing in the front at their shows for more than a year now. So, it felt new again. Today's setlist was pretty good. I was just happy they didn't play songs I didn't like, IE : LIGHTNING, UNELMA etc.

A post shared by lynch. 葉月 (@lynch_hazuki) on

Every time Hazuki says "Bye Bye" in GUILOTTINE makes me laugh, since 3 years ago? I really love KALEIDO live so much because of the extra ending bits they added to the song. The encore was so nice today because it was all my favorite songs: EVILLY, VANISH, INVADER, A GLEAM IN EYE.

After the show, we went to get soup curry but it was only the two of us because everyone else, actually also including him, doesn't like spicy food. He just went with me since it was my birthday. We went to drink for a little bit before getting back to our room.

We didn't have to get up early the next day since check out was at 12, so we went for lunch and he drove to the mountains nearby for the view before I headed to the airport to get back to Tokyo. The weather that day was perfect, I wished I could have stayed longer but I had some plans in Tokyo already. He drove me to the airport which made it harder to leave because we won't see each other until August. I have a love-hate relationship with airports almost everywhere I go.


I think it was the first time in a long time that I've felt this happy. Especially for my birthday. The both of us were probably too happy because we put on weight in just three days in Sapporo. But, this was probably the best birthday I have had in the last decade, so thank you to everyone for spending it with me, especially him. I can't wait to see him in August now.

August has always been my favorite month since a decade ago because that was when I found myself and I can't believe it is 10 years later and I am still looking forward to August.

No comments:

Post a Comment