Thursday 28 July 2016

307. scissor hand, melbourne

I was back in Melbourne with little sis for my birthday, we didn't spend too long there but I managed to squeeze in a tattoo appointment. Initially, I emailed Heretic Tattoo to book an appointment to have a tattoo done by Annita because I have been following her work for years now, but she's fully booked till August.

I just visited the studio for fun since I was around the area, and talked to the manager of the studio. He introduced me to Lilli's work because it's similar to Annita's. I was looking at her work and her scissors actually caught my eye. So, I decided to get a pair done by her.

I was lucky enough to get my tattoo done the next day. Heretic Studio has a really chill vibe and with the brake walls and gothic furniture, I would say the style is right up my alley.


I didn't really take that many photos or of Lilli doing my tattoo because I was lying on my stomach to get my tattoo done. The placement of my scissors requires me to be in a kinda weird position. It took about just an hour to get my tattoo done and my hand was cramped up by the end of the session but I was really happy with the outcome! 


I asked Lilli to change the handle of the scissors from her original drawing to look like the scissors I have hanging on my apartment wall in Tokyo. I really like the little hearts she added into the scissors as well. The beads are her original design and that was the main thing that caught my attention. 

People are probably going to ask "What is the meaning of this tattoo?" You know, sometimes, I feel like people have no right to know and sometimes, maybe simply there isn't a meaning but I just enjoy the work of the artist? But there is a meaning and I don't feel like sharing it with anyone just yet, it's not that personal but somethings I just want to keep to myself.

This was a birthday present to myself and I would say it's probably the best present I have given myself so far. I'll be writing more about being home in Melbourne on the next post. This tattoo deserves a post on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment