Thursday 30 June 2016

303. copper colored quiet

Little sis is already going home tomorrow. The past couple of days with her was really nice, we didn't do anything much but chill and wander around neighbourhoods in Tokyo. Since she fractured her foot last month, we couldn't do anything adventurous. Also, because it's the rainy season in Japan, we stayed mostly indoors.

I brought her to some new places this time, like Koenji and Lalaport in Tatsuhi. We went to cute cafes and shopping mostly. It took my mind off some things for a little while. I think she liked Koenji best because of all the vintage stores. (I forgot to switch the photo mode on my phone and ended up taking everything in squares =_=)

We spent some time in Koenji on Sunday, and went to Hattifnatt for taco rice and matcha latte! We both thought the latte art was so spot on because that's how we used to tie our hair when we were kids. I bought, even more, books at Koenji's Village Vanguard. I think I can open up a library soon. We watched movies almost every night, like I said, her visit, this time, was just really chill. 


I'm also working on a new piece at the moment. I'm more excited for this one because I don't think I've ever drawn my girls' side profiles in a sexier, dreamy state. I've been frustrated with a lot of things lately which led me to re-think about my career, future, goals, dreams and what I want to achieve a lot more. Too many things and people have been pissing me off.


Today we got up early for Totoro creampuffs. We always head to Shimokita for coffee and Totoro cream puffs. This time, I brought her to a quirky zakka store and just roamed around the neighborhood. We left for Harajuku and Shibuya later in the afternoon and she ended up buying too many clothes. 

I'm kind of bummed she's leaving but I'll see her again soon, so it's okay. 

I've been talking more to friends on the other side of the world lately and can't wait for them to get back to Japan so we can hang out. Running on little sleep is probably really unhealthy but I've been having trouble falling asleep recently. My mind is soooo noisy... 

letlive.'s new album has been on repeat for about a week now. A lot of good album releases so far this year and it's only almost July. Musically wise, I am pretty excited. Other than that, I'm not. But we'll save that for another entry.



No comments:

Post a Comment