Saturday 25 June 2016

302. samorost / ...

I wouldn't call myself a gamer but I do enjoy gaming with my sister once in a while, mostly killing zombies. On my own, I like indie games and whenever I stumble upon one that suits my style, I spend a couple of days trying to finish it because I like to feel very immersed in another world.

Samorost is an indie game I stumbled upon a couple of months ago but didn't get to it until this week. I was really amazed by the art of this game, I left the tab opened on my browser for months so that I won't forget about it. I don't know much about games but what I really love Samorost's universe.

Just imagine a universe with giant anteaters, moths, overgrown mushrooms, evil monks and weird creatures. Argh, I really love the storyline and details put into this game I might just play it over and over again.


Samorost is a point and click puzzle game and honestly, some of these puzzles are almost impossible to figure out, I had to cheat by googling "Samorost 3 walkthrough". I still enjoyed my time in this cosmic universe, though.

It's rare to come by this kind of games so I whenever I do, I go a little crazy, obsessing over it.
.............................................................

I haven't been updating lately because I've been stressed and busy looking for a job. Still, I found some time to go to a couple of shows this month. I went to see THE NOVEMBERS play with MONO a few weeks ago and was so happy I did because they finally played dysphoria! After so many years of liking them, I finally got to see it live. It's much better played live than the record if you ask me. 

They also played some new songs that I'm not too fond of. I do like one of them, though. MONO was really good live and it was my first time seeing an instrumental band play. I don't think I will see THE NOVEMBERS in a long time again unless I really like their new album. I doubt I will though.

The day after THE NOVEMBERS' show, I went to see Cyclamen, PALM, and Kayodot for a little bit. It's always nice to see PALM play and talk to them. I ended up talking to friends more than actually watching the bands. 

This month is not too happening since I haven't been hanging out with friends much. Mostly going to interviews and staying in, trying to save some money.

On Monday, I went to see Crystal Lake play with Shai Hulud and ENDZWECK. All the bands didn't disappoint. Crystal Lake's setlist for Truenorth Project #5 was really good, no covers and they played a couple of old songs. I was the happiest when they played MAHAKALA♡. As usual, hung around the venue talking to some friends before heading home. 

Little sis is actually in Tokyo now, she just decided to come visit me since she is still on sick leave. She bought her airplane ticket just a day before she flew. Looks like I'm gonna be busy for the next couple of days and I'm happy to escape for a little bit and just spend some time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment