Wednesday 16 September 2015

241. second quarter

Exams for second quarter are finally over. I can rejoice! It was a really stressful term and I had so many nights where I stayed up to study until 6am. I'm glad I can finally take a break because my complexion and health is getting bad again.

This semester is far from what it was like the last one. The last one was so fun because of the people we had in our class and also we got lucky with having good senseis. Our main sensei was young (she is only 3 years older than me), and our sensei on Wednesdays was really motherly. I really like her, she baked cakes on the months that had birthdays, wrote us letters from time to time and when I was back in Singapore because my mom was in the hospital, she texted me to check if I was alright. I was so happy that she taught us again this term! I'm glad I enjoyed the first semester so much and like I said in an entry way before this one, I know I will never feel like that again and I will miss the people and that period of time, which I really do right now. I still talk to my main boys, Mo and Otchiko really often on Line or on Facebook and I really miss them. I hope they come back soon.

Last Monday, my classmates Junmin and JiHyon invited me to their place for dinner because they know I like Korean food. They're the married couple from Korea in my class and are both game designers. They stay in Mejiro so it was easy to get to their place. JiHyon cooked dinner and forced me to do my homework (hahaha), after that we played with their dogs for a little and continued to PS3 and 4.

 I was really happy to play Resident Evil because it's my favorite (and only) game I ever play at home. When I go back to Singapore, I'll be in my sister's room for the whole day just playing it. Later, we also played Tekken Tag, Street Fighters and Tekken Tag VS Street Fighter. They also introduced me to this game called Bloodborne that is a RPG game, the graphics were really pretty.

A lot of people are always surprised when I say play games. I'm not a gamer per say, but I really love Resident Evil. Tekken Tag and Street Fighter are more of something I played with my sister when we were kids and we still enjoy it today.


I get along with JiHyon really well because we both like Adventure Time and Over The Garden Wall. Junmin can be really funny sometimes and I really do enjoy their company. They remind me  of my mom's best friends, Uncle Daniel and Auntie Mei. 

On Saturday, I went out for drinks in the evening because one of our ex-classmate, Kevin, is back in Tokyo for a holiday. It was so nice seeing him again, I was really happy that he came back to visit. It's silly but he actually told me a lot of personal things on the last day of the first semester (literally the day before he went back to Taiwan). After some drinks, we went for shisha. Oh man, I haven't went to shisha since all of them left back in June. To be honest, I don't miss it because I felt like I overdosed on it. Mo and Otchiko's favorite thing to do was going to shisha. -__-


Nan brought her son along to meet us because it was his last day in Tokyo. I've become really close to her in the last semester because she helped me a lot when my mom was in the hospital. I'm really grateful to have her around. Also, she gives the best advice. I guess it's because she is a mom and is 10 years older than me. I'm really (really) glad she decided to study for another year so I will have her around. ^^ 

This week is the last week of the second semester and I'm really glad it's finally over. 

One thing I have learnt from staying abroad is that, as much as I look forward to going back home to spend time with my family, I'm not looking forward to spend time with my friends. As bad as it sounds. I find it very difficult to reconnect with friends back there because they ask you about your life but it's hard to even explain the people who are in your life because... where do you even begin? And even if you do explain it slowly and nicely, they still won't know what you're talking about. Also, most of the things that happens here, they will just never understand. 

In a way, I feel like I have moved on from everything back there but the people there are still stuck and when they tell me about their lives, I'm bored to tears. I'm a horrible person, I know.

Another thing I have learnt is that people come and go so quickly, you'll eventually learn to adapt to them not being there but sometimes, you really do miss them. You form good friendships during the time they are here and you still remain good friends but it's hardly the same through texting. It's hard to explain it just in words, but that's the best way I can think of to write this.

Argh... lengthy post but I've been thinking about this from time to time. 

On a much happier note, I am REALLY happy to be going home to my family this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment