Tuesday 20 January 2015

199. for the first time in forever

there'll be magic
there'll be fun

Last Wednesday was little sis's and mom's last day in Tokyo. We decided to go to Disneyland because it was Frozen themed, Anna and Elsa's Frozen Fantasy. For the first time, I got to visit Disneyland during the day, I always go at night because of the after 6 passport. It's half the price but since mom hasn't been to the one in Tokyo, we decided to go in the day.


We couldn't get up early because we were so tired from exploring Enoshima the day before. We only got there at 12 noon, and the first thing you can see is everything decked out in Frozen. Even the front of shops had Frozen mannequins - Elsa, Anna and Olaf! The first ride of the day was Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek, little sis and I have not got on it yet, despite going to Disneyland twice already. It took about an hour to get on the ride and for the first time in forever, I saw mom actually having fun and being happy. Definitely made me happy that she was enjoying herself. The game itself was really fun.

After that, we went to walk around and take some photos. We really didn't do much because it was really really crowded that day, probably because it was just the second day of the Frozen Fantasy opening.

We walked behind the castle, to where some of the other rides were and the smell of popcorn made us hungry. So, we hunted for the nearest popcorn stand, they were selling chocolate flavoured popcorn. Since mom hasn't tried any other "weird" flavours of popcorn, we just bought one to share. I was pretty bummed that the Nightmare Before Christmas ride at Haunted Mansion was closed. That's little sis's and my favorite ride at Disneyland. So... we just walked around some more until we arrived at Big Thunder Mountain. 

Me being stupid because I sat this Dumbo ride when I was a kid in Disneyworld in U.S. when I was 4.

We got in line for Thunder Mountain and it took over an hour to get on. The ride wasn't scary at all, just a lot of turns and dark tunnels but was still fun. Also a first for me and little sis because whenever we go, it's always closed. After the ride, we were hungry so we ordered 3 giant turkey legs from a stand nearby. 


Even the flags had Frozen characters on it, and the menu for some food stands were Frozen themed as well. Nothing special, so I didn't bother ordering anything, it isn't instagram worthy photos. We just continued walking around and stumbled upon my favorite curry popcorn stand and I had to had it! Mom and sis was in love with it as well, haha. We just continued walking and stayed till it was time for the Electrical Dreamlights Parade. 

Little sis and I couldn't be bothered with it but since mom hasn't seen it, we just stuck around and accompanied her. She was really amazed. Once the light show ended, there was another one at Cinderella's Castle called Once Upon A Time. It's a projection light show on the castle, I was really amazed by how well it was done, also happy because they included so many of my favorite Disney princesses and movies! They had short snips of Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Pinocchio and Aladdin. The longer shows were Alice in Wonderland, Tangled, Peter Pan, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast and of course, Frozen. 

There were fireworks and laser shows as well. I was the most happy for Tangled because it's my favorite Disney soundtrack and they played I See The Light (in english!!!!!), I was squealing like a little girl! Also, they played Frozen's For The First Time In Forever and Let It Go. The best show was actually Beauty and the Beast and Alice in Wonderland. I would go to Disneyland again to watch this, I'm so hopeless when it comes to Disney songs, I think almost all girls are. It warms my cold, black heart.


The show lasted for about 20 minutes. We were all pretty bummed Disneyland closed early, it closed at 7pm, right after the Once Upon A Time show. So we just slowly made our way out of the park and took the train back to Tokyo Station where mom and little sis did some last minute shopping for people back home. We decided to have dinner near my apartment and once I got home, I completed knocked out and slept till the next morning.

The whole week little sis was here, I was completely drained out from going out everyday. I still wouldn't trade anything in the world for the 2 months she stayed with me in summer, it was so fun having her around. Can't believe it has been 4 months since then... 

No comments:

Post a Comment