Thursday 20 November 2014

179. fall

It's already fall in Japan and I can't be any happier. There's something magical about fall to me, everything seems dreamier, and don't even let me get started on winter. It's my favorite season of all.

Got up earlier than usual to meet up with Laura because she wanted to go to Moominvalley in Saitama after reading about it on my blog. We met up at Ikebukuro Station and got on the Seibu Ikebukuro line to Motokaji Station, it took about an hour.

Once we arrived, I was happy because the weather was so nice, cool but sunny. Some of the trees are turning red and I can't help but to feel like this is the best time of the year. It was much easier to get to Moominvalley this time since I've already been there before, so we just slowly made our way there.


The first thing we did when we got there was explore the house, I was happy that she got all excited about how cute the house was! I could actually slowly look at things this time because there weren't much people. It's cuter than I remember it to be. We climbed all the floors, exited through the little door and entered into another littler door to get back inside and explored some more. We didn't take much time in the house, once we were done, we went to walk around the pond. 

Taking photos and just enjoying the weather. The trial led us to the Moomin library, so we just went in to look at some of the exhibits, there wasn't much but it was still cute. After that, we just slowly went around and got a got view of the whole place and took more photos. We walked around the pond another time to get a good photo of the blue house and was on our way back to the station, at this time, it was closing in the 3 in the afternoon when we got on the train to Shibuya.

We both were hungry, so we had an early dinner at that cheap sushi place. Went to Tower Records right after and had dessert at Silkream and talked for hours. I'm glad that she liked the parfaits at Silkream too, everyone I bring there automatically fall in love with them. Since it was still quite early to head back, we walked to Harajuku and went to Starbucks at Tokyu Plaza, there was already a winter illumination installation set up outside, and heaters nicely placed to keep customers warm. 

I ordered a small cup of matcha latte and we continued talking.


We parted ways at about 11pm and plan to hang out again soon. I had fun with her so I'm looking forward to see her again.

I can't help but to think back to around this time last year, this time last year I was so happy in Nagoya with my best friend. We were talking about silly things and we experienced so many firsts on that trip. I miss her so much. It's strange, life. I feel like a lot has happened for me this year and I'm not sure if I want it to end just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment