Sunday 15 September 2013

098. fuco ueda, akino kondoh

Once again, I am running dry on inspiration. I always feel this way after my trips end and when reality starts sinking in. I just hate the feeling - when all my happiness from the trips slowly fade away and all that's left are memories and this bittersweet taste on my tongue because I know I can I never go back to the person I was.

So now, I'm searching for inspiration again and I was looking through my books and stumbled upon Fuco Ueda's and Akino Kondoh's work. I really love their pencil drawings. I envy artists who can work so well with pencil, graphite or charcoal. I've always hated using them (especially charcoal) since figure drawing classes in Lasalle. I hate that whenever each drawing session is finished, anything I touch will have fingerprints on them and I hate it even more when the fingerprints won't come off of my clothes.

Fuco Ueda

 



The animation she makes are really whimsical and intriguing. I love the fact that she draws them out, frame by frame. 





No comments:

Post a Comment