Thursday 1 November 2012

052. tekkonkinkreet

" Sometimes you have to get close to find out what's inside. 
Sometimes you have to get burned to see the truth. "
credit : x

I have been meaning to pen this down since I watched the film last week. Tekkonkinkreet or 鉄コン筋クリート (Tekkonkinkurito) is a 2006 anime film directed by Michael Arias, adapted from the manga of the same name by Taiyo Matsumoto. I love animated films and the background art on this film blew me away, also I think Shiro stole my heart.

The beginning of the film already drew me in.

Especially this part :

Sometimes you have to get close to find out what's inside. 
Sometimes you have to get burned to see the truth. "

I was like "woah" my entire year explained in two short sentences. This year has been a good year, just certain people are so not worth keeping close. They're plastic. So plastic, you wouldn't even believe me if I told you the truth.

Also, the art on this film is mind blowing as the story itself. I could relate a lot to Kuro while he was going through depression from leaving Shiro. That darkness that engulfs you when you are growing through hard times is really not a funny thing. It's like living in a never ending nightmare that you can't wake up from.


I love how the city looks like so many Asian cities combined, to me, it looked like Osaka, Tokyo, Thailand and Jakarta, there is also a little bit of Hinduism, and the architecture of Hindu temples. It's really amazing and I swear it must have taken the artists forever to paint the cityscape.

 It's been a while since I've been so into a film like Tekkonkinkreet. It's definitely one of the best animated films I've watched, ever. 

Also, I did some research on it and there's more photos over at Audrey Kawasaki's livejournal (x). I could stare at the cityscape forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment