Monday 9 July 2012

020. slow dance

Last week was quite a slow one but this week might be even slower because I'll be staying home for almost the whole week, I have quite a lot of stuff to do. Like finishing up my drawing I was doing halfway before I left for Krabi, search for more inspiration and reference photos so I can start sketching out some ideas that have been going in my head for quite some time now. It's a good week to spend so much time to myself also because both my mom and sister are working, which means I have the day to myself.

On Tuesday, I met up with Andrea for lunch. We headed to the newly opened, Dean & Deluca at Orchard Central. The stuff was quite interesting and the food was alright. My first time having a Bagel with cream cheese (normally I have it plain because I am lactose intolerant), weirdly, I didn't get any allergies from it. I had the New Yorker for lunch.

Bagel with smoked salmon,scrambled eggs, cream cheese and roasted tomatoes.
We didn't do much but catch up at Starbucks and discuss plans to Bangkok in November. It's funny, I haven't been seeing her in such a long time but we somehow managed to talk like there's no tomorrow and actually, she can still understand me after all these years. It's easy to talk to her because Benz (her boyfriend and my schoolmate) has the same interests as me and is in art university so she totally knows what I'm talking about.


I am quite excited to go to Bangkok with her in November! She knows Bangkok like how I know Tokyo and Benz's friends are in a Thai indie band. So I'm pretty excited about that, haha, forever with bands. 

On Friday, I went with baby sis to the ticketing office to book our flight to Jakarta. We'll be there from 23rd - 27th August, just to celebrate dad's birthday. I'm not sure if we are going up to Bali or going around Indonesia since that is all up to dad. I'm really curious to know what he exactly does in Jakarta. It's also been 3 months since I last saw him so I do miss him somehow.

After booking the tickets, we headed to buy some art supplies. I need to experiment more, so I bought a ton of paper. But this girl wanted to go shopping... again.

She is obsessed with brightly colored clothes now. -_-
We had dinner at the Japanese restaurant outside Esplanade and ended our day with dessert at The Cookie Museum. My favorite place.

 
I really liked my outfit that day. Who knew baggy pants would suit me?

On Sunday, I accompanied mom to her friend's place for lunch and dinner. They're mom's really good friends, I have been visiting them ever since I got back from Melbourne when I was 3. And I do love some home-cooking! So yes, I was a really fat happy girl by the end of the day.

Stole mom's dress that she bought from Thailand. Love the patterns on this!
Everytime we're at their place, we'll just sit around and talk about life. While mom was talking, I was watching this channel they had on cable, called iconcerts. I was screaming in my head the entire time because they showed Oxegen Festival, it's Ireland's biggest music festival, so happy watching Muse, Kaiser Chiefs, Vampire Weekend and Editors on their big television screen. 

I like how her friends always invite her to their place for some good cooking and to just spend time with each other. I feel like you don't have to always to go all the way to town or the city to enjoy yourself. There's warmth in just spending time over at a friend's place, watching movies, eating, cooking together and whatnot. I wish I could do that with my friends more often actually.

I hope I will draw up some stuff this week. My stomach has been acting up a lot for the past few days and it makes it hard to concentrate. I really like this quiet time I have all to myself today and I'm even more glad I will be having it for the next couple of days. I still feel like everything has been moving so fast this year.

I just want to sit a home for a bit and read, draw and listen to some good music. 

2 comments:

  1. You do more in a week than I do in a month lol T-T
    But I'm glad you were able to hang out with your friend, I am pretty excited about you going to Bangkok as well :] and that is cool about the Thai indie band, let me know if they are good!

    I can't wait for you to finish your last drawing. I am seriously in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go out more! Haha.

      I really wanna get it done! Hopefully by this week but my sis's birthday is on Sunday so I have some planning to do ><

      Delete