Tuesday 10 May 2016

296. my name is evil iii, lynch.


On Sunday was lynch.'s Dark. Darker. Darkness 2 -My Name Is Evil - tour final. I slowly made my way down to Studio Coast and was pretty excited for this show because of a ton of things but mostly happy I get to see my favorite band again. 

I wasn't too crazy this time around with squeezing my way to the front, so I stood somewhere in the middle with a pretty good view of the stage. There were way more guys at this show. It always amuses me when guys scream for Hazuki. I still get that hair-raising feeling every time the lights go out, it's always only for them. To my surprise, they opened to MOON. 

This show was pretty alright, I enjoyed myself while headbanging to some of my favorite songs. I was really glad they decided to play ENVY! I haven't seen them play that in a long time,  maybe 2 years? Also, melt. The setlist today was good except I still wish they would play an illusion. I wasn't that annoyed with MIRRORS or THE FATAL HOUR HAS COME. I'm glad they decided to change the sequence of their songs because it has become rather predictable. Only songs I didn't like for the day were JUDGEMENT and LIGHTNING.

The most fun were GREED, INVINCIBLE, GHOST, GALLOWS, INVADER, ALL THIS I'LL GIVE YOU, pulse_ (duh), EVILLY and TIAMAT.

Their mc was really long again but I enjoyed it this time because I could understand most of it. Hazuki and Reo were making fun of AK which I thought was pretty funny. I left to get my drink while LIGHTNING was playing. They closed to TIAMAT and amazingly, there was a mosh pit infront of me. Hazuki was happy seeing the mosh pit as well. I really wish their fans are more ~brutal~ so it would be more fun, but oh well. 

SETLIST : 
  1.  MOON
  2.  ANTARES
  3.  GREED
  4.  INVINCIBLE
  5.  MIRRORS
  6.  THE FATAL HOUR HAS COME 
  7. GHOST
  8.  ILLUMINATI
  9.  melt
  10.  ENVY
  11.  MELANCHOLIC
  12.  D.A.R.K.
  13.  GALLOWS
  14.  BEAST
  15.  INVADER
  16.  COSMOS
  17.  59.
  18.  I BELIEVE IN ME
  19.  ALL THIS I'LL GIVE YOU
  20.  pulse_
  21.  EVOKE
ENCORE 1 :
  1.  JUDGEMENT
  2.  EVILLY
  3.  DAZZLE
  4.  LIGHTNING
ENCORE 2 : 
  1.  TIAMAT
 photos from gekirock.com


Encore songs were picked by AK. They also announced a new album scheduled to release sometime in Autumn, a new tour, and some other events. I don't know why but I'm not that excited for their new album, maybe just not yet because it's still a long time from now. The only problem with releasing a new album is that the more albums they have, the lesser chance I will get to see them play old songs. Which, their old songs mean more to me obviously.

Maybe that's why I'm starting to lose interest because I mostly go for the old songs nowadays.

They have some shows in July with SUG and vistlip but I'm not going to any because I don't like any of them. Hazuki was mostly talking about 闇 , and how lynch. fans will look cooler than SUG and vistlip fans, lol. That actually made me laugh. 

It's been 3 years since I first saw them and after maybe 20? of their shows, I won't lie and say that I still feel the same way I did all those years ago. I still love them but things are very different now. 

I probably won't see them till they release their  new album, so... till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment