Sunday 31 January 2016

276. januari

It's already the last day of the first month of 2016. It feels strange as I'm slowing getting back into the pace of things. It was a good and very busy month. Last week I was so busy, almost heading somewhere after class. One of my friends, David, left back to England. It made me quite sad since he and I would talk about hardcore music a lot in class. Mostly Parkway Drive and Thy Art is Murder, haha.

But anyways, some snippets from January :
It snowed heavily on the 18th, my first time seeing so much snow.
H decided to build a snowman on the same night, haha. 
The next day was spent with Laura at a nice cafe in Harajuku with her film camera.
The same week, I went to cut and color my hair! I'm going to attempt (again) on keeping it long because I love this color so much, I want more of it. Watch me fail miserably and cut it once my hair touches my shoulders.

Last Sunday,  was pastel day with Laura. I met up with her in the early afternoon (a first for us) in Nakano Broadway to go to her favorite artist, Kira Imai's, exhibition. Not really my style but I like the color she uses in her work. In the end, I bought some merchandise.
favorite pieces from the exhibit
Laura recommended I try this soft cream at the basement of Nakano Broadway. This is the medium size, the Large size comes with 8 flavors! I'm in love with the colors of the soft cream, I had coffee, grape, caramel and fizz flavor. It was pretty good.
I always love seeing all the vintage manga in Broadway.

After that, we decided to go to Koenji since it's just a stop away from Nakano. It was my first time there as well. I'm always too lazy to explore new places on my own nowadays. Koenji has a lot of cute second-hand and vintage shops. Again, not really my style but I enjoyed going in and out of the shops and seeing Laura is distress deciding whether to get this checked shirt, that red dress or that cute apple printed skirt. Sorry, Laura! It was funny.

In the end, she bought the cute apple printed skirt.

This store was cute too, but not my style again :

My sis said I look like a black blob hahaha.

We walked around some more and it was getting cold so we went to Hattifnatt Cafe to hide from the cold. It was a cute little cafe with a small door and with a very Moomin feel to it since it got it's inspiration from The Moomins. The cafe is named after The Hattifatteners (the white socks looking thing).

There were also lofts in the cafe where you felt like you were in a tree house which I thought was cute until WE HAD TO CLIMB THE STEEP LADDER TO GET TO OUR TABLE.

Other than that, the taco rice and matcha latte were good.


We stayed there till it was 9 pm chatting away and went home not long after.

I have a lot things I want to write about, some films I discovered, a music post that is meant for H but I've been keeping it in my drafts section for the last couple of months. There's too many things going on in my life right now for me to sit at home and pen everything down. Hopefully once my life calms down a little, I will post those up.

January was a nice month for me and February is going to be even more busy. I have a lot of things to look forward to in February. I can't for it to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment