Sunday 3 January 2016

271. twenty-sixteen


It's already 2016. I can't help but to feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. 

On New Years Eve, I went to Meiji Jingu Shrine but it ended up being too crowded so we decided to just pig out at the food stalls along the street in front of Harajuku Station. Everything he picked was really good, especially quail egg in takoyaki! Warm sake was pretty good as well, we didn't do anything much but wait for the countdown and went back home. 

It's the earliest I went home in the last couple of years on New Years Day. Shibuya was too infested with drunk tourists and locals which were quite a horrid sight. We watched the sunrise from my balcony and went to bed not long after. 

I'm really happy that 2016 is finally here. Like I already said in a few posts before, there's a lot of things to look forward to this year. I'll be leaving for Taiwan in just a week and I'm really excited. There's a couple of shows to go to already and I'll be going to Fukuoka in early February. I plan to do a lot more traveling this year. Last year, I was only able to visit Osaka. 

For the first time in years, I'm going to write down my resolutions for 2016. 

1. Travel 
I want to explore parts of  Japan I haven't been to. I really want to go to Naoshima because of all the art there, Kobe, Hyogo, Nara, Wakayama and Nagano again. I also would want to visit Kyoto, Osaka and Nagoya again if I have time and money left. I would say also go to a new country but that is already going to happen next week.

2. Draw more
I realized that it's harder to pick up drawing once you stop. I want to draw every day if I'm not too tired or busy. Also, I feel like I lost some confidence in drawing because I haven't been practicing enough. A lot of new and exciting things I've been working on and I can't wait to finish them all.

3. Tattoos and piercings
I still haven't got my orbital piercing even though I keep telling myself to go to the piercing studio. But, this year I really want to get an orbital and hopefully my industrial piercing back. Lately, I've been thinking of getting another tattoo from a tattoo artist in Kyoto. I've decided to get one tattoo each year from now on. I already have a list of tattoo artists I like, so I already know what I want.

4. Practice Japanese more
Even though I am studying Japanese now, writing and texting is not a problem but speaking it is really difficult for me. So I hope to practice it more this year, starting with writing even more so I can remember words.

5. Pick up new art styles/experimenting
Lately, I have been only drawing too much and I feel that I am not growing as an artist. So, I want to start to do collages again, paint and draw more loosely and new things and learn how to do hand embroidery. 

6. Learn new recipes
Since I'm living alone, I have been looking for recipes online more. I like cooking a nice healthy breakfast and sometimes, when I really do miss my mom's cooking, I'll call her and ask her for recipes. Yes, it's funny I don't call my dad because he's a chef but his recipes are often complicated and too difficult to manage for a noob like me.

I think that is about it for now. Please, please, please, 2016 be good to me. 

*The Smiths song playing in the background*

No comments:

Post a Comment