Sunday 26 July 2015

230. stomping ground

I have been back in Singapore for almost two weeks now but I'll be heading back to Tokyo later tonight already. Being back here this time have been the most emotionally draining experience I have had in years. My mom was emitted to hospital about two weeks ago, I received a phone call from my sis crying on the phone at 4 in the morning then, and tried my best to get back as soon as I could to be by my mom's side. 

She has been recovering really quickly and she will be in the hospital for a couple more days before she can come home. It has been really draining emotionally, physically and mentally. I hardly had time to myself because I would be by her side from 12pm - 8pm daily and when I get home, I will be busy doing house chores because both my sister and dad are busy. 

I'm really  grateful to have my friends, without them I would have still been a very panicky mode and not get anything done on the day after I found out my mom was emitted to the hospital. Thankful I have friends who look out for me, who take their time to console me and just be there for me. 

Honestly, after this experience with my mom. I'll like to say go give your mom a hug and tell her how much you love her. I've never realised all the things she has done for me and that she is actually the one that sticks us all together. My dad, sis and I are really lost without her. Dear mom, please get well soon and come home. We love you. (Also it's nice to know my dad has emotions, he teared when my mom was sent in for operation)

Onto a lighter note, I've never written about my favorite hang out spot in Singapore. Before becoming a flight stewardess, little sis was working at a cafe in Tiong Bahru. I would visit her very often because of all the other cafes and cute book stores closeby. I haven't had a Plain Vanilla cupcake in almost a year and was so glad we found some time while waiting for my mom to be done with her operation. My favorites are their Earl Grey cupcake and Salted Caramel tart.


Just next to Plain Vanilla are a couple of stores, clothes, bags, accessories, books... These two (first and last picture) are my favorites. The one pictured below sells Singaporean antique and books by local authors while Woods in the Books is a kids' book store. They even have Moomin books there! Too bad photos are not allowed in these stores. The middle picture is of the ground at another cafe nearby that has various types of imported beers. They placed bottle caps into the cement which I thought was pretty cool.

Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't get to do anything much this time. I hope to see my mom healthy and well at home when I come back in September. But for now, August seems like it's going to be a good month again. I always love August. I thought by now I wouldn't but I still look forward to every August.

you remind me of august
the way that i still care about

No comments:

Post a Comment