Friday 28 December 2012

060. december underground

"Moment" by lynch. is playing in my head as I write this entry. It's already coming to the end of December and I haven't fully accepted the fact that 2012 is ending so quickly. I really loved 2012, so many things happened and I'm still changing. The good outweighed the bad, that's for sure.

 To end 2012 with a bang, little sis and I will be in Maldives to celebrate the new year. Hopefully welcoming 2013 will help make next year as good as this one or maybe even better (wishful thinking), but I hope the year of the Snake would be good to me, because well, in the Chinese Zodiac, I'm born in the year of the Snake and I really love snakes, so 2013, please be kind to me.

Here's some stuff I did this month : (I was so lazy to update, haha)

Federation Square, one of my favorite places in Melbourne and it has free wifi yay!


Myer Christmas Windows, these are just two out of 5? Cute!
There were animated and could move and the lights would flicker. There was even a queue just to look at this.

It was raining on the day I was coming back to Singapore (why I am back is a long story),
 but I was lucky enough to see a rainbow before I left home. Melbourne is so good to me.


Little sis brought me to watch Rurouni Kenshin, she knew I was bummed to be back. 
The cinema hall was FULL, and we were lucky to catch the last screening! 
The movie was pretty good, the characters really looked like the ones in the anime! *___* 
And Sato Takeru really suited Kenshin well. I love the fighting scenes. 
They changed the story a little to suit the film and it was about Jinei, 
still wish it was about Shishio but it would be so long if it was. 
The film lasted for about a little over 2 hours. 


Dad looking all happy to murder lobsters for our Christmas eve dinner! Dad came back to celebrate Christmas with us since it was a long weekend. We had the lobster and turkey on Christmas eve and on Christmas day, we went to Hyatt. As usual, I had steak and we all shared appetisers and desserts! I got a new Moomin plushie, Fullmetal Alchemist series blu ray, TEKKON KINKREET blu ray (finally) and a Rei Kawakubo book for Christmas! Happy ^^

Dad won a free trip to Maldives so, we're going there for new year, like I already mentioned earlier. I still haven't unpacked yet and now I need to pack again?!?! T_T I never thought I would go to Maldives because... beach. sun. SEA = fish. fish = me dead. I have a phobia of fish. ~_~ They scare the shit out of me but I feel like this is Krabi 2.0 but upgraded, haha.

Hopefully I'll have fun! Currently, I'm working on drawing more girls and still finding and figuring out what I want to my art to be like. Experimenting. I'm really enjoying painting jellyfishes... it's so ironic right? I don't like the sea but I'm basically drawing a sea themed piece just minus the fish and I love sea themed movies like Little Mermaid and Ponyo, they're actually my favorites but I'm scared of the ocean. If only fish looked like Ponyo and instead of sharks, there will be Ariels. 

I don't feel like my current work is very me but I got bored of just drawing girls and nothing surrounding them but hair, so I'm researching on other things that maybe I could add in and create my own world. Since I was little I always wanted to create my own animals, girls, universe. So here I am trying to do it.


Also, after I am back from Maldives, I want to write Top 10s of 2012. This year has been far too great to not even write anything about it! Music, muses, girls, boys, parties, travelling, dining, everything has been great this year and I'm so happy about finally doing what I really want. So, happy holidays and have a great new year! I am definitely cherishing every last moment of 2012.





1 comment:

  1. :o 2012 does sound awesome, I am so jealous >< I don't think anything excited really happened for me besides the uni lol.

    But ahh the Rurouni Kenshin poster looks so freakin' awesome ;A; and the Myer Christmas Windows look so nice >< I'm defintely excited to read about your top 10's of 2012 :D I am just planning on doing a general overview of the year -.- lol I hope you enjoy the rest of 2012<3 and I hope that 2013 will be awesome as well! I didn't know you were the year of the snake :o I also love snakes :3 let's hope for a pleasant year<3

    ReplyDelete